Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your desired audience, some might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Blog Example
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your courses to an student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are many reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products along with a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included into each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Blog Example
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses in one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Blog Example
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of premium, unique themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away the Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating the blog post by creating one using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Blog Example
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Blog Example
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Blog Example
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them at no cost. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Blog Example
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live chat is available at certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to develop useful course content. Kajabi Blog Example
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in features it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Blog Example
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price we can understand how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Blog Example
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Blog Example