A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired audience, others might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features can be digestible for people who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and other products along with your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image including logos, images, and font designs into the course player to add a an individual touch. Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to determine if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you can choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by creating one with Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members are able to access. Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
You can create as many emails to the campaign you like and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the products at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one product or a number of items, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users Live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant courses. Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora of features, it could turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to imagine the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Wish List Member, Kajabi, Rainmaker