A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with a variety of important features can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your target audience, others might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer almost all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Bad
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your course content to your customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to travel elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the key features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. In the last writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would like to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students in any of your courses. It also lets you connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Bad
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the keywords. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or, as the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your course in one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Bad
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made progress in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of premium, unique themes that you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on your course content. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating your blog posts by making your own using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Bad
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Bad
You can send as many emails to the campaign you like and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets the messages. E-mail management has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Bad
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your target customers to purchase your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can choose to charge your students for your products at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Bad
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant courses. Kajabi Bad
For tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Bad
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range we can understand how Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Bad
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Bad