Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote classes to your intended audience, some might not provide all the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Alternative To Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features can be easily accessible to those who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to be aware of if you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, garner up to 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s not a free option as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Alternative To Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for items and tools on the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to expose your content to broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called categories and posts, or. The posts are where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your brand like your logo, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Alternative To Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes, all of which you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as eliminate all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections are, however are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Alternative To Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Alternative To Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Alternative To Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to persuade your customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from ground
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Alternative To Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant course content. Alternative To Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section is available to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Alternative To Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to imagine the way Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than Kajabi as well as live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Alternative To Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while on the go. Alternative To Kajabi