Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your desired audience, some might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Best Alternative To Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to develop and market your courses to an student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over the rest. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the key features that you may want to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products along with your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to boost your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who like to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of features that are included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate offered by other services. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Best Alternative To Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar it allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Best Alternative To Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can personalize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members have access to. Best Alternative To Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Best Alternative To Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Best Alternative To Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build your sales funnel from beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different times (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or hand them out at no cost. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a given time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Best Alternative To Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant educational content. Best Alternative To Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about in making your choice. Best Alternative To Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost, we can see the ways Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that the other has which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Best Alternative To Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Best Alternative To Kajabi