Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Best Alternatives To Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of important features included into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also offered on select blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Best Alternatives To Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by entering the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure designed for an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts respectively. The posts are where you insert various types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand including logos, images, and font designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Best Alternatives To Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website which includes media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by making one with the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users are able to access. Best Alternatives To Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Best Alternatives To Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for the campaign you like and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Best Alternatives To Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can choose to charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or a number of items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a certain timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Best Alternatives To Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to design relevant course content. Best Alternatives To Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Best Alternatives To Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can imagine the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Best Alternatives To Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while traveling. Best Alternatives To Kajabi