Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Best Kajabi Alternative
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features can be digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build an online course without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. In the last writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who would be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed in each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Best Kajabi Alternative
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or the way it refers to them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are called categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses in one page. This can be useful particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Best Kajabi Alternative
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that aside from that, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the available website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one with an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Best Kajabi Alternative
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Best Kajabi Alternative
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Best Kajabi Alternative
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You may even change the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can make your student pay for services at different dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Best Kajabi Alternative
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Best Kajabi Alternative
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of options for question types – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a plethora of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Best Kajabi Alternative
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost it’s easy to see how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Best Kajabi Alternative
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers can access all your courses even while in the move. Best Kajabi Alternative