Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of crucial features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your desired audience, others might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that provide editing options so complex that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost all you can think of including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Chalene Johnson Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From the course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, gain a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you could ask for when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. However, a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content with the site and the course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Chalene Johnson Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by typing in the words. As previously mentioned the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you can insert different types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Chalene Johnson Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by making your own using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers have access to. Chalene Johnson Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Chalene Johnson Kajabi
You can create as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Chalene Johnson Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to persuade your audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the products at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away to them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Chalene Johnson Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat is available at specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create meaningful courses. Chalene Johnson Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities with Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Chalene Johnson Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can see the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Chalene Johnson Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and your subscribers can access all your courses even while traveling. Chalene Johnson Kajabi