A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target audience, some may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Course Cats Vs Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products along with your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of customer service, community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would be interested in giving it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included within each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach up to 1 000 active clients, and make websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d like when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs. If you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Course Cats Vs Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for confusion, as certain elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, it allows you to search for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English for those who want to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of product or course templates or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as categories and posts, or. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Course Cats Vs Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your material more.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan and higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away any Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode there are two options: either release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Course Cats Vs Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Course Cats Vs Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Course Cats Vs Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it offers customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Course Cats Vs Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat is available at certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create relevant courses. Course Cats Vs Kajabi
For tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk will be there to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we’d like that the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might think about in making your choice. Course Cats Vs Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to imagine how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Course Cats Vs Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Course Cats Vs Kajabi