Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have many important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired audience, some might not offer all of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your course content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be digestible even for those who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over others. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important characteristics that you might want to be aware of when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed within every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with all the features you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or the way it calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are known as categories and posts, or. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font designs into the course player to add a a personal touch. Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode there are two options: either release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
Another of Kajabi’s top features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either cost your pupils for the services at various dates (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a single item or for a variety of products, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create meaningful course content. Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site could turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price, we can see the ways Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire courses even while traveling. Difference Between Kajabi And Thinkific