A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your intended viewers, other platforms may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Assistant
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to the marketing services the majority of the Kajabi features can be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors the added edge over the rest. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to bill your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might want to give Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of important features included within each plan, the pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Assistant
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for tools and items on the website by typing in the words. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various types of content including text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Assistant
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition in addition, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes that you can customize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating the blog post by making your own using Text Editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Kajabi Assistant
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Assistant
You can send as many e-mails for your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Assistant
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives you a wide range to choose from. You can charge your students for your products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Assistant
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop relevant courses. Kajabi Assistant
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Assistant
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to understand the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Assistant
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app for you and your subscribers have access to all course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Assistant