Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various crucial features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your target audience, some might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over others. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products along with blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who like to give Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of important features included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach up to 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day free trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the site by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are known as groups and posts respectively. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your brand including logos, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content.
In addition in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate product or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus eliminate any Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating your own using the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant educational content. Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of other advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature, instructors who use Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site could turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to understand how Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other has, and this includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it might not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while on the go. Every Thing You Need To Know About Kajabi