A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended audience, others might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may provide editing options that is so complicated it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they also offer nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Experts Academy Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you make and sell your course content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can house your course contents and products, as well as blogs to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would want to give the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with every feature you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the limited free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s not a free option as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Experts Academy Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure created to offer an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content if you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Experts Academy Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and above you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating your own using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members are able to access. Experts Academy Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Experts Academy Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Experts Academy Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Experts Academy Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users live chat support is scheduled for certain times and days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create meaningful course content. Experts Academy Kajabi
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional information and tips, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Experts Academy Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost we can see the ways Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates specifically. With a high cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Experts Academy Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications too.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while in the move. Experts Academy Kajabi