A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, others might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns off its users.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look What is Kajabi? How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your course content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to increase your profits, further your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. If you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s users interface (UI) is structured. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are where you insert various types of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as choose from a wide array of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making one using the text editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for the campaign you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can even select which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to persuade your public to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library with more than 40 pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain period of time. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to develop meaningful educational content. How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost it’s easy to imagine how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it functions. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide all the features you need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire courses even while on the go. How To Create An Online Course On Kajabi