A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many essential features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look How do you define Kajabi? James Wedmore Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? There are many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features are designed to be easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products along with a blog where you can keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other viable methods to increase your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. James Wedmore Kajabi
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English in case you want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are called groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos images, and text, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit different products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. James Wedmore Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with other students your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you can download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus remove all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with your blog posts by making one using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. James Wedmore Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement James Wedmore Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. James Wedmore Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can make better use of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your target customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the starting
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can charge your students for your products at various dates (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, and set specific dates that your customers can access within a specific timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. James Wedmore Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for basic users Live chat is available at specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to create useful course content. James Wedmore Kajabi
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they reach their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack of features, it may make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. James Wedmore Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price it’s easy to imagine how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it functions. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ James Wedmore Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. James Wedmore Kajabi