Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your target audience, others might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Jason Bell Kajabi
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be easily accessible to those who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to be aware of if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products along with your own blog to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, reach up to 1000 active users, as well as create your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with every feature you’d want when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Jason Bell Kajabi
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This can be useful especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Jason Bell Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website as you wish it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi lets you create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by making one using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Jason Bell Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Jason Bell Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Jason Bell Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can charge your students for your products at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out at no cost. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Jason Bell Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat is available for certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to create relevant course content. Jason Bell Kajabi
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are certain limits too.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site might cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Jason Bell Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost, we can understand the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Jason Bell Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribers have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. Jason Bell Kajabi