Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Above And Beyond
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are many aspects that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be accessible to those who are new in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving the service a shot. With the abundance of essential features already packed within every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you’d want when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is offered on select blogs, so if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to create custom-made ones of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Above And Beyond
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and engage with other instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the words. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are known as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Above And Beyond
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on all three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach, group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private version which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Above And Beyond
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Above And Beyond
You are able to create as many e-mails for the campaign you like and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Above And Beyond
Another of Kajabi’s top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from starting
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can either cost your pupils for the services at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or hand them out at no cost. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given time frame. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Above And Beyond
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for certain times and times of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Above And Beyond
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require a connection to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, for example, having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. Kajabi Above And Beyond
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can see how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other which includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can use. It does provide the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Above And Beyond
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Above And Beyond