A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Affiliate Links
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features can be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. In addition this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important attributes that you ought to watch out for if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products and blogs to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to boost your profits, further your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who want to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing emails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with every feature you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Affiliate Links
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of product or course templates, or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are the places where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos or images as well as font design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Affiliate Links
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, the LMS website has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making your own using the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Kajabi Affiliate Links
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Affiliate Links
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Affiliate Links
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range to choose from. You can either charge your students for your products at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or give them away to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for one product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Affiliate Links
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Affiliate Links
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the world of course design. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are missing. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Affiliate Links
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range it’s easy to understand how Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Affiliate Links
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Affiliate Links