A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also offer almost everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Against WordPress
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features are designed to be digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over the rest. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without the need to look elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullets, of its important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products along with your own blog to keep your students updated on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials and features, including Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also available on selected blogs. So if you wish to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Against WordPress
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons known as groups and posts respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand including logos, images, and font design into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Against WordPress
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your material more.
In addition, in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature students have access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate product or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with the blog post by making your own using the text editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode there are two options: release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Against WordPress
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Against WordPress
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on your behalf. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Against WordPress
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the starting
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at various times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of items, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Against WordPress
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also can connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Against WordPress
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Against WordPress
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than other. With the extremely affordable price range, we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has higher-end features than the other has which includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has all the features you need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Against WordPress
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app to ensure that you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while traveling. Kajabi Against WordPress