Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. Additionally, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Almost 30
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features can be easily accessible to those who are new in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to be aware of when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products along with blogs to keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other methods to boost your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of customer service, community and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who would be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with every feature you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free option available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Almost 30
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the users interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and communicate with your instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons known as post categories as well as category, or. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Almost 30
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content.
Aside from that, the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of unique, professional themes that you can modify to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and are a member of the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove the Kajabi logos and substitute that with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the site’s content, such as media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you a space where you can post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one using Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Almost 30
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Almost 30
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Almost 30
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your public to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your products through web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it provides you a wide range to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the services at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Almost 30
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party apps for more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available for certain times and days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful educational content. Kajabi Almost 30
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that are not being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Almost 30
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than other. With the extremely affordable cost, we can imagine the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Almost 30
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribed members can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Almost 30