Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with a variety of essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Alternative Free
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme simplicity of usage. From the course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s aspects can be digestible for people who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with email marketing, CRM, and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included within every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs. If you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the short trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Alternative Free
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, it allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or, as the platform calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one page. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Alternative Free
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a component of your member space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can modify to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away the Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you’d like to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Alternative Free
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Alternative Free
You can send as many emails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each one in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that will not require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Alternative Free
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from the ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can either make your student pay for products at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or a number of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain timeframe. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Alternative Free
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat is available at specific times and on certain days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to develop useful educational content. Kajabi Alternative Free
For training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of more tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Alternative Free
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can understand the ways Podia is a great choice for DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than the other has, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Alternative Free
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Alternative Free