A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your desired audience, some may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they offer nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Behind The Scenes
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s features can be easily digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an advantage over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools including media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly and is packed with all the features you’d want when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. If you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Behind The Scenes
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain features that are related to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and engage with other instructors through one website.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items on the website by typing in the words. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or the way it refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those sections and lessons are referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are where you insert various types of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Behind The Scenes
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to engage with your content.
In addition aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate product or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can customize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets nowadays it is logical to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides a space where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one using the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your users have access to. Kajabi Behind The Scenes
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Behind The Scenes
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you wish and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Behind The Scenes
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to market your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from ground
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library with more than 40 templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can either cost your pupils for the products at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Behind The Scenes
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to design useful courses. Kajabi Behind The Scenes
For tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for additional tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of different types of questions and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Behind The Scenes
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price we can understand how Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other, and this includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Behind The Scenes
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications too.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access all your course materials even when on the go. Kajabi Behind The Scenes