A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with various important features can be utilized when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market classes to your intended audience, others might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. In addition this allows students like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and other products and your own blog to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who like to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of features that are included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is available on all three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are arranged into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can create your own landing page, alter your course and interact with your fellow instructors on one site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching and allows you to search for items and tools on the site by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within one category in order to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to assess whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus take away the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by making one using an editor for text. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two options: either release it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you want and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. E-mail management has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to persuade your public to buy your product via the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct your sales funnel from the beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme – there is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either charge your students for your products at various dates (one-time or subscription and multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a given time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful courses. Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides an array of options to use resources to master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the world of course design. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than other. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to imagine how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer all the features you need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There may be a few tools missing for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Beneath A Scarlet Sky