Many learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various important features you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Beneath The Stars
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your courses to an student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you run and develop an online course without having to go to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and materials along with blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with every feature you could ask for when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign tests or assignments. Kajabi Beneath The Stars
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for confusion, as certain features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for tools and items on the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version courses with a complete content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as groups and posts respectively. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This is a great option, especially if you’re busy doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Beneath The Stars
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can also set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition aside from that, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through the automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website, such as text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you want to make the most the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes there are two options: either release the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private podcast that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Beneath The Stars
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Beneath The Stars
You can send as many e-mails to your campaign as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them the commission rate, you may also track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Beneath The Stars
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out at no cost. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a specific period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Beneath The Stars
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses which provide 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to design relevant educational content. Kajabi Beneath The Stars
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for more tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would have been very useful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limits too.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service login using a single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Beneath The Stars
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost we can see the ways Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has greater features that the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Beneath The Stars
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribed members have access to all course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Beneath The Stars