A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have many essential features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your target audience, others might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options so complicated that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Beyond The Edge
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your course content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not only create a professional website for your courses but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? There are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. Additionally this allows students like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to watch out for in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products, as well as blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to charge your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who want to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, garner an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you’d like when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the short trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to engage with the students in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s not a free option either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Beyond The Edge
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain elements that are associated with the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build a landing page, modify your course and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by entering the words. Like we said the website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your course in one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Beyond The Edge
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered as a separate item or as a component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to fit your ever-expanding needs, plus remove all Kajabi branding and replace that with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by making one using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Beyond The Edge
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Beyond The Edge
You can create as many e-mails to the campaign you like and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been more comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Beyond The Edge
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product via an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from the ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent to your bank account.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out at no cost. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your customers can access within a given time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Beyond The Edge
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to create and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many who use it to create relevant courses. Kajabi Beyond The Edge
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their standing in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could be extremely useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about when making your choice. Kajabi Beyond The Edge
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can see the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer higher-end features than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates specifically. With a high price tag, it may not be the best choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Beyond The Edge
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile for you and your subscribed members have access to all course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Beyond The Edge