A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with various crucial features that you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Community Forum
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you create and sell your content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From the course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects can be accessible to those who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over the rest. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build courses without having to go to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation tools in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included within each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, reach up to 1 000 active clients, and create websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with all the features you could ask for when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the most popular features on the platform The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than one thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Community Forum
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and engage with other instructors through one website.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar it allows you to search for items and tools on the site by entering the words. As mentioned previously the website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created as a way to build brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient way to share your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these segments and classes are referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Community Forum
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automatic SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can modify to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as remove all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content which includes media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking which site element you wish for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to make your site look as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, however Kajabi allows you to create an area on your site that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site it provides an area where you can publish your content without restriction. You can get started with posting blog content by making one with Text Editor. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Community Forum
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Community Forum
You can create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more extensive and yet simple to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Community Forum
Another of Kajabi’s notable features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to persuade your customers to purchase your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal is, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or distribute them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a specific item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Community Forum
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at specific times and on certain days during the day. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to create relevant educational content. Kajabi Community Forum
For training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their goals.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers log in with the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy alternatives that you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Community Forum
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range, we can understand the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other has as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Community Forum
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while traveling. Kajabi Community Forum