Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various crucial features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your intended audience, some might not provide all those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Course Templates
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your courses to an customers. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and considered to be one of the most effective online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? Well, there are quite numerous reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are new in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. In addition this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and materials, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would want to give it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded with every feature you’d like when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days available on certain blogs, so if you wish to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Course Templates
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for confusion, as certain aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously the site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or what the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called groups and posts or. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses in one page. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the different products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs , into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Course Templates
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even create an acceptable score to encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Apart from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can customize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts from when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to make your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating the blog post by creating your own using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into different categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on par as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Course Templates
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than just send e-mails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Course Templates
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Course Templates
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms have similar features, which require more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your product via web seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are immediately sent into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one item or for a variety of items, and set specific dates that your members can access within a specific timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Course Templates
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses However, you have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Course Templates
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they reach their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations like letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Course Templates
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price we can see how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can use. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Course Templates
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Course Templates