Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that provide editing options that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Definition
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your course content to your audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not just create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? There are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the key attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might be interested in giving the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included in each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly and is packed with every feature you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Definition
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for items and tools on the site by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English in case you want to expose your content to broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts or. Posts are where you put in different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses in the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi Definition
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your material more.
In addition aside from that, in addition, the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a standalone item or as a an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials on your website’s domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification, as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to modify your domain and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and above you can import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as eliminate the Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to create sections of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can do so without limits. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Kajabi Definition
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of sales and marketing tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Definition
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Definition
Another of Kajabi’s top features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more effort and time however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target customers to purchase your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can either make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for one product or multiple products, as well as set specific dates that your members can access within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Definition
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create meaningful courses. Kajabi Definition
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for more tips and tricks, the help center will be there to help you along the way. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we would like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may think about in your decision. Kajabi Definition
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly cost, we can imagine how Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide all the features you need to be able to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Definition
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members can access all your courses even while in the move. Kajabi Definition