A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of important features you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market classes to your desired audience, some may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Demo
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to develop and market your course content to your student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and necessary features that will not just create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop an online course without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and materials, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages, and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of community and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. In the last time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of features that are included within every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, gain a maximum of 1 000 active clients, and create your own website you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d like when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. If you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content using the website and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s not a free option as well.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, like adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Demo
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ trademark. You can build an online landing page, change your course and engage with other instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product differs in terms of structure and design and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one page. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and design into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Demo
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your class. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you can select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials to your web domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, as well as pick from a wide array of premium, unique themes that you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets these days, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode you can choose between two options: release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Demo
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows users to send out e-mails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Demo
You can send as many e-mails for your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates in order to in promoting your site on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Demo
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your public to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one There is a library filled with 40+ page templates that you can choose from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of pricing options. You can either make your student pay for services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You can also create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Demo
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the only course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other important issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Demo
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of more advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content, but we have to take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful for custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share commonalities in comparison to Kajabi regarding performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Demo
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to understand the ways Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It does provide all the features you need to be able to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Demo
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while traveling. Kajabi Demo