A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can use when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your target audience, others may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of marketing and sales functions. Additionally, they also offer almost everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Edge Podcast
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly this allows students like you to run and create an online course without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the key characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can pick depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other products to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included into every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design your own website you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you could ask for when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on certain blogs. If you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the limited trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this easy and quick, as it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. In addition to native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Edge Podcast
The Review of Kajabi’s features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for tools and items within the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses which are generally designed in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content when you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons referred to as categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one page. This can be useful especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos, images, and font design into the course player to add a an individual touch. Kajabi Edge Podcast
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your material more.
In addition in addition, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for the three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, all of which you can personalize to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your personal brand!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts from when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by creating your own using Text Editor. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as on with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes, you have two options: release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Edge Podcast
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Edge Podcast
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you wish and schedule each one according to your preferences. You can choose the members you want the messages. Managing e-mails has never been so extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Edge Podcast
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated can make better use of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at various time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Edge Podcast
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to make and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi Edge Podcast
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different fields as guests, plus If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option, instructors who use Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Edge Podcast
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost, we can understand the ways Podia is a great choice for individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Edge Podcast
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire courses even while on the go. Kajabi Edge Podcast