A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of crucial features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not offer all of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that, they also provide you with nearly all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Expert
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your courses to an customers. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? There are many aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features can be accessible to those who are new in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. In addition it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need, living up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the most important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and materials, as well as a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly costs that begin at just $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you are able to design three products, garner up to 1000 active users, as well as create a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails and access to unlimited useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer a free plan option. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you wish to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understandable blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. You can also make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible connect to a third-party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Expert
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will find that all the features are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that comes in handy when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for an established period of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are known as groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in one tab. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand like your logo, images, and font designs into the course player to add a your own personal style. Kajabi Expert
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an acceptable score to encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
In addition aside from that, the LMS website also has been able to make strides in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone feature or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across all three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that make up the site’s content which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your member learners to view. With all the tools you need to make your site look as you wish it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating your own using the text editor. You may include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes, you have two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers can get access to. Kajabi Expert
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Expert
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaigns as you want and schedule each of them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Expert
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You could even alter the design of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi provides you a wide range of pricing options. You can choose to charge your students for your services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for a specific product or a number of products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Expert
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for more functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan and above – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many who use it to create useful course content. Kajabi Expert
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more advice and tricks the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like for the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limits also.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features any aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it could turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Expert
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price that starts at $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to imagine the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. However, it is important to understand the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs great as an all-in one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Expert
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you do wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your courses even while on the go. Kajabi Expert