Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer a variety of important features can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your target viewers, other platforms may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. In addition to that they provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: What is Kajabi? Kajabi For Desktop
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your course content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? Well, there are quite numerous reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of online courses. A majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to travel elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials and your own blog to keep your students informed about the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for some of the well-known names who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. As of this the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with all the features you’d want when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day free trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also offered on select blogs. So if you’re looking to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the short free trial is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost greater than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi For Desktop
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are organized into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed in order to increase brand value, while online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled for an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further explore the course builder you will notice an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts or. Posts are the places where you put in different types of content such as text, video and images, whereas the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image like your logo, images, and font designs , into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi For Desktop
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great method of determining whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessment option, you are able to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Apart from that, the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. With the Community feature, your students are able to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as choose from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs as well as remove any Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can share information and comments on your course content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi For Desktop
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the crowd, Kajabi’s built in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than just send e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another course is not performing, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi For Desktop
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select the members you want to receive these messages. Managing e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi For Desktop
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for any time you wish to promote your product via web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for one product or multiple items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi For Desktop
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to make and market your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections to hundreds of tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you when you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat is available for specific times and on certain days of the week. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant course content. Kajabi For Desktop
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their position in the field of course development. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could be extremely useful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi For Desktop
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price range it’s easy to understand the ways Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that the other has as well as live lessons and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There are a few instruments that aren’t there, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi For Desktop
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic (or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail, is it possible that Kajabi could be able to take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi For Desktop