Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many essential features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your target viewers, other platforms may not have most of the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Global
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an advantage over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop label.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the most important characteristics that you might want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizable tools, media files, and templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses or other items for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service, and training resources, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who would want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included in each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create your own website you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you’d like when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. However, a 14-day free trial is available for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs, so if you want to test the waters and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, the short trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with other third-party services for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- The ability to customize without limitations. From creating professional-looking course websites up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course creator software was never this easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations. In addition to native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rates offered by other services. There’s no free option available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute tests or assignments. Kajabi Global
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar and allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to present your content to wider audience.
Course Development and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of course or product templates, or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand value, while Online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content created to offer a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled for the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you insert various types of content such as text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a variety of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the feature of bulk uploads. Like the name implies, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your courses on the same tab. This can be useful especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Global
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents with your domain name or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with the automatic SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as pick from a variety of unique, professional themes that you can modify to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website which includes text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our phones and tiny tablets it’s logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates on your course content. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private version that only your users have access to. Kajabi Global
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Global
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to determine how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Global
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms have similar features, which require more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from the ground
After you pick one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the common payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary on the other hand, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi because all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives an array of options for you of pricing options. You can either cost your pupils for the products at various times (one-time subscription, one-time, or multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Global
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for more functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for Basic users live chat is available at specific times and on certain days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create useful educational content. Kajabi Global
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to gain traction or boost their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional tips and tricks, the help center is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must address a few vital things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it may make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Global
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price we can understand the ways Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing, such as the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Global
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Global