Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended viewers, other platforms might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they offer nearly everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
At a Glance What is Kajabi? Kajabi James Wedmore
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to watch out for when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products along with blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training tools and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people who are part of different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this might be an issue for those who would like to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d want when you are making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts for up to 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the short trial offer is the best option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From designing professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website as well as course editor. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific tools, such as adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize quizzes or assignments. Kajabi James Wedmore
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s users interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for confusion, as certain features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful when you need to search for something difficult to locate. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation function, you may be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled for a set series of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts within one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This one is handy especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to modify any of the themes to match your preferences. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand including logos or images as well as font design into your course player in order to give it a a personal touch. Kajabi James Wedmore
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and then add them to the course of your course. Assessments are an effective way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your material more.
Apart from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made progress in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can even write in your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your hearts content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and are a member of the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs, plus take away all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select the element of your site you would like for your members to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can share comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating one using the text editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach or group your posts into various categories, and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members can get access to. Kajabi James Wedmore
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the help of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically delivered into their email inbox. If another underperforms, an upsell is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi James Wedmore
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaigns as you like and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates to help advertise your website on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi James Wedmore
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is one of the best features is Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to showcase your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from starting
When you choose from one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other on the other hand, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can either make your student pay for services at different time frames (one-time subscription, one-time, or multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one product or a number of items, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. Additionally, you can create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi James Wedmore
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is available to assist you when you’re struggling to create pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by those who utilize it to create meaningful educational content. Kajabi James Wedmore
As for training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for more tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they meet their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material however, we must take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi often will still need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might be considering in your decision. Kajabi James Wedmore
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price range we can understand the ways Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers greater features that Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it operates. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates in particular. With a high cost, it may not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi James Wedmore
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and your subscribed members have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi James Wedmore