Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms offer various crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of modern marketing tools to promote the courses you offer to your desired viewers, other platforms may not have most of these features. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that, they also offer nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Jamie Dana
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your course content to your customers. It is marketed as a complete service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and necessary features that will not only create a professional website for your courses , but help them rise to new heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? There are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are new in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over other instructors. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go to another place if something else isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the tools that anyone could require, living up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools such as media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands on thousands of courses which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students all over the world. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who would want to give the service a shot. However, when you consider the number of important features included into each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach an maximum of 1 000 active clients, and make a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with every feature you’d want when creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. So if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points is the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the website and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to the app Zapier allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s not a free option either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Jamie Dana
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the user interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform that reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-1” trademark. You can build a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors through one website.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard, in the form as a “search bar and allows you to search for items and tools on the website by typing in the words. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of course or product templates or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to meet the needs of any instructor.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the contrary, are classes which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi is known to many as a well-known premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these parts and the lessons known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you can insert different types of content like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are kept.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses on one page. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose various themes for the various products. Like the outline maker, it’s simple to modify any theme to match your preferences. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand like your logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Jamie Dana
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are a helpful way to determine whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your material more.
In addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone item or as a part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your hearts content! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as eliminate all Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website, such as text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and small tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to make the most of your Kajabi-created website it provides the opportunity to do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by making one using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to make it manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You may upload recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Jamie Dana
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send emails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Jamie Dana
You can send as many emails to the campaign you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose the members you want to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been this extensive and yet simple to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of you. Apart from paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Jamie Dana
Another of Kajabi’s standouts are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you choose from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product by utilizing a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web training seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your classes through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the starting
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You can even alter the theme of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 page templates that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option to subscribe as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives you a wide range of options to select from. You can either make your student pay for services at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or give them away at no cost. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for a single product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific timeframe. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Jamie Dana
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you can connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. The platform currently supports ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Unlike some similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour service is only available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan and above – for basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant educational content. Kajabi Jamie Dana
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the course creation world. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for additional information and tips the help desk is always there to guide you along the way. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they reach their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material However, we need to address a few vital things that are missing. The majority of these would have been very useful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful in making custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may think about when making your choice. Kajabi Jamie Dana
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost – starting at only $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost, we can imagine the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price It certainly has greater features that Kajabi as well as live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools missing like the issue of certificates specifically. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Jamie Dana
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to join with Shopify to create a fully-functioning E-commerce store using the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Jamie Dana