A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer a variety of important features you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer almost everything you’d ever want such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Kickstart
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to develop and market your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses , but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and regarded as one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales almost all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are new in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over other instructors. In addition, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the tools that anyone could require and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points of the most important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about using it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools, media files, and templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials along with your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Effectively utilize landing pages, checkout pages and other viable methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of many of the most well-known people that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might want to give it a try. But considering the huge amount of important features included in every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the most sought-after plan on the platform with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be optimized for businessuse, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site and course editors. Making content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations. Aside from native integrations with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students in your classes. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Kickstart
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, and allows you to search for items and tools within the site by entering the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may be able to see a collection of product or course templates, or what the platform calls them, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” education experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that have been automatically added when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called categories and posts, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to be added to your posts, including MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly via your computer’s folders, or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like several other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses in the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any theme to fit your style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Kickstart
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you can choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, the LMS website has made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on the three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed instant security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a range of unique, professional themes that you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your own!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the site’s content, such as text, media files as well as clickable button. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just extremely flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you an area where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating the blog post by creating one with an editor for text. You may include SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even customize how you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Kajabi Kickstart
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough to even non- marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses following checking out, a welcome message will be sent automatically to their inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Kickstart
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you wish and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates to help promote your content on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Kickstart
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts are its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer the freebie to lead magnet to increase your database.
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use any time you wish to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build the sales funnel you want from the beginning
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints, Kajabi automatically creates pages and e-mails you will need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example, to a different one There is a library with more than 40 page templates that you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to make your student pay for products at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a single item or for a variety of products, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Kickstart
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to make and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Unlike some similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for basic users, live chat is available at certain times and times on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful educational content. Kajabi Kickstart
In terms of tools for training, Kajabi gives an array of options to use resources to learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. A majority of them could have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, for example, letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with commonalities in comparison to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might want to consider in your decision. Kajabi Kickstart
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price, we can understand how Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has greater features that the other, and this includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There are a few tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it may not be the right option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly think about.
FAQ Kajabi Kickstart
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications too.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when in the move. Kajabi Kickstart