Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have many crucial features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to market the courses you offer to your target audience, others might not offer all of the features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that provide editing options so complex that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that offer not just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer almost everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: What is Kajabi? Teachable Or Kajabi
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which allows you to create and sell your courses to an audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the top online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite many factors that make this platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales the majority of the Kajabi features can be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop courses without having to go elsewhere if anything else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need in order to live up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous ways that Kajabi lets you do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullets of the key characteristics that you might want to be aware of in the event you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can pick in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and materials and blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Make the most of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would like to give it a try. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, the pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as create your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Included are unlimited landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer any free plans. But a 14-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days available on selected blogs. If you want to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations that integrate with ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are greater than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s not a free option either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Teachable Or Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar it allows you to search for tools and items on the site by entering the keywords. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English for those who want to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or, as the platform calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be easily modified to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content designed for an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over a set series of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. However, in addition to the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. The template is also blank which allows you to design your own course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you will notice an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts under a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your courses on one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select one or three themes, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing several themes to suit various products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any theme to suit your personal style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos, images, and font design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Teachable Or Kajabi
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective way to assess the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to select from three main types of questions: multiple-choice multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that, the LMS website also has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to connect. With the Community feature, students have access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature can be accessed either as a stand-alone feature or as an element of membership.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents to your web domain as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you can import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business, plus take away all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re similar to those categories as well as posts we discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want for your members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you want to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with posting blog content by creating your own using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you’d like to reach a larger audience or group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcast listening platforms such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release it as a public podcast for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your users have access to. Teachable Or Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered to their inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Teachable Or Kajabi
You can send as many e-mails for the campaign you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to advertise your website on your behalf. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Teachable Or Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your target customers to purchase your product by utilizing an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from beginning
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can choose from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose between the two to pay for your course. Stripe is a popular payment option that accepts debit and credit card transactions as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of pricing options, Kajabi provides an array of options for you to choose from. You can make your student pay for products at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to decide if you want to charge a specified price for a single product or a number of items, and specify specific dates your customers can access within a specific period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Teachable Or Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in tools to create and market your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to help you whenever you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other important issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan and above – for Basic users live Chat support can be scheduled for certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant course content. Teachable Or Kajabi
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to access resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks, the help center will be there to help you in the right direction. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they reach their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and promote your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t appreciate how there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in terms of functionality, the site could cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi regarding reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. Teachable Or Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can imagine the way Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the way it works. But, we need to appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple plans for sales funnels, as well as effective marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issue of certificates specifically. With a high price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Teachable Or Kajabi
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi can replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app for you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when on the go. Teachable Or Kajabi