A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to market your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Kim Perry
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you create and sell your content to your student audience. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of factors that make this platform very convenient for everyone to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an advantage over others. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create an online course without the need to look elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet form of the key features that you may want to be aware of in the event you’re considering it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools such as media files, templates that you can pick according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and other products, as well as your own blog to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages, and other viable ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite with the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automation tools;
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands on thousands of courses accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who would want to give it a try. However, when you consider the number of important features included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, garner an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design your own website you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly that is loaded to the brim with every feature you could ask for when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on selected blogs, so if you’re looking to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service to do that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content using the website and course builders hasn’t been so easy and quick, as it requires less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you connect, network, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the typical monthly prices offered by other services. There’s not a free option either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of specific features, like proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Kim Perry
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard in the form as a “search bar it allows you to search for items and tools within the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned the courses and site builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to a couple of its contemporaries. It can also be used in other languages than English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will quickly come across a variety of course or product templates, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while online Courses are full-version versions that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide a “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a popular premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are known as groups and posts and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to be added to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also add existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all your files to your courses on the same tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Kim Perry
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and add them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content more.
Apart from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website also has made strides in creating spaces for students and teachers to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as part of your membership area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and the tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on all three pricing plans. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through an automated SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of unique, professional themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs and also eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your personal brand!
Similar to the course builders we’ve talked about previously, Kajabi’s page builders allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about the course builder. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile and select the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site however you want it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi lets you create a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share updates and thoughts on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. You can get started with your blog posts by creating one with Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into different categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading podcast episodes there are two choices: publish it as a public podcast free of charge or create an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Kim Perry
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are highly convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Kim Perry
You are able to create as many emails to your campaign as you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can even select the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you will not require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Kim Perry
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort however, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your intended audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use anytime you’d like to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select between the two to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different dates (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a specific amount for one product or a number of products, as well as set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Kim Perry
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to make and market your courses, but you also can connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s among the few course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for Basic users Live Chat support can be scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been praised by many who use it to create meaningful educational content. Kajabi Kim Perry
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them jumpstart or improve their position in the world of course design. You’re also invited to daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus when you’re looking for other information and tips assistance, the help section will be there to help you on your way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors that you may be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Kim Perry
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the cost that starts at $67/month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost it’s easy to imagine the ways Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a beginner-friendly price range It certainly has more industry-level functions than the other, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it functions. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issuance of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the best option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. However, that doesn’t stop it but it is a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Kim Perry
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even join with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and the members who have subscribed can access all your course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Kim Perry