Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with many essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your intended audience, some may not have most of the features. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits and one of the platforms that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: How do you define Kajabi? Udemy Vs Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you develop and market your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution that provides entrepreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to new heights. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelmingly positive score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received by its users? It’s true that there are many factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of the Kajabi features can be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an edge over other instructors. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without the need to look elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools anyone may need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to watch out for in the event you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools including media files, templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can display your course materials and products and your own blog to keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other ways to improve the profits you earn, extend your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service and training materials, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by more than 16,000 companies and famous personalities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who would be interested in giving Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, gain up to 1000 active users, as well as design websites that you are able to modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly, which is filled with every feature you’d want when designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with any other third-party service for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From the creation of professional-looking courses all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you connect with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available either.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Udemy Vs Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design does not allow for obstruction, since some of the aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and even interact with your fellow instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape as a “search bar, it allows you to search for specific tools and products on the site by entering the keywords. Like we said that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It is also compatible with other languages that English if you wish to present your content to wider audiences.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or the way it calls them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier way to share your content when you as well as your students are occupied with other activities.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership space where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons called categories and posts, and vice versa. Posts are where you put in different types of content like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them through your computer’s folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your videos to your posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests that you can upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This one is handy, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the different products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image including logos, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Udemy Vs Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to engage with your content.
In addition in addition, the LMS website has made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature, students have access to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can even write in your posts to discuss with other students your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a stand-alone product or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain or WordPress website when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automated SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You also have the option to modify your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your liking! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away all Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts we discussed when we discussed the course builder. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the content of the website including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want for your member learners to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi lets you create sections of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can post comments and updates on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you a space where you can publish your content without restriction. Start by creating your blog posts by making one with an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to expand your reach and organize your blog posts into various categories and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast, you have two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Udemy Vs Kajabi
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Udemy Vs Kajabi
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. Managing e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates in order to advertise your website on behalf of your company. In addition to paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to gauge the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Udemy Vs Kajabi
Another of Kajabi’s notable features is its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms provide similar features, which require more time and effort, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even those who aren’t experts can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to build your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended customers to purchase your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use when you’re launching courses or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to market your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create the sales funnel you want from beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between the two to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There are no pressing charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side because all your earnings are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers you a wide range of options to select from. You can cost your pupils for the services at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or hand them out for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one product or multiple products, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a given period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Udemy Vs Kajabi
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you make and market your courses However, you can connect to third-party apps for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always available to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for basic users live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful courses. Udemy Vs Kajabi
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs to help them get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. There are also every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of more tips and tricks assistance, the help section is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one platform to develop and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. The majority of these would have been extremely helpful to improve the experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and credentials. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi often will still require a connection to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the lack of different types of questions as well as randomization of these types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a plethora of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Udemy Vs Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise your course to the right audience without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable cost, we can see the ways Podia will appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates in particular. With a high price tag, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. However, that doesn’t stop it however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching for an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Udemy Vs Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning E-commerce store using Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to take over third-party apps like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even offers a mobile app so that you and your subscribed members have access to all course content even when you’re in the move. Udemy Vs Kajabi