Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many essential features that you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to market your courses to your target audience, others may not have most of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complex that it turns off its users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they provide you with nearly all you can think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Learning
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the top online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? Well, there are quite numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. Firstly, it’s the extreme user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales the majority of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without the need to look to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important features that you may want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Make the most of landing pages, checkout pages, and other methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach over the boundaries, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a variety of customer service, community, and training resources and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s not surprising that this can impede some people who would want to give it a try. With the abundance of important features included into each plan, the pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you get to create three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d want when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer a free plan option. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days also available on selected blogs. If you want to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, the short free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, such as email marketing and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do that!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the most popular features on the platform The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized domain, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. The creation of content using the site and course creator software was never so simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Aside from native integrations that integrate with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app lets you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rates that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available either.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to design custom-made certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly distribute quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Learning
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The menu’s design leaves no space for clutter, as some aspects that belong to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” trademark. You can create your own landing page, alter your course, and even engage with other instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful when you need to search for something hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for specific tools and products on the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped which makes the process easier without the need to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses, which are typically designed in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are courses which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
When you look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to organize your content more flexiblely. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files to be added to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your videos to your posts!
Like a few select platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ course player themes. In contrast to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for various products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any theme to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos images, fonts, and design into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Learning
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your class. Assessments are an effective way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, it is also important to note that the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to communicate. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is offered as a separate feature or as component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can modify to your hearts content! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also remove any Kajabi branding and replace that with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. If you continue to explore you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that make up the content of the website including media files, text or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and tablets, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the necessary tools to build your site how you would like it to appear the page builder from Kajabi is not just incredibly flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can publish comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most the Kajabi-made website it provides an area where you can post your blog posts without limitations. Start by creating your blog posts by creating one using Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts to promote on your site. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes there are two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers are able to access. Kajabi Learning
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails that are related to your course or websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Learning
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Learning
Another of Kajabi’s standouts is its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more effort and time, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. They include:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to build your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use when you need to persuade your audience to buy your product through the sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to market your content a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use whenever you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’d like to construct the sales funnel you want from the beginning
Once you select from any of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and emails you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to appear to your target audience. You could even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance changing the design to a different theme There is a library filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your member students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an option for subscriptions as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can choose to cost your pupils for the services at various time frames (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You can also choose to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for one item or for a variety of products, as well as establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Learning
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party apps for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds more third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms the Kajabi customer support team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and wherever. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for Basic users live Chat support can be scheduled at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Learning
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to access resources that you can master and become familiar with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for more information and tips assistance, the help section is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program in which course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one tool to design and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party software which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within courses, we’d like for the lack of different types of questions – plus randomization of said types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing only transactions made through Stripe as well as PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t understand why there are limitations as well.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Learning
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to imagine the ways Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer greater features that the other, and this includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it works. However, it is important to understand how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one training and other key features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs use. It sure does offer all the features you need to be able to design a professional website to the stellar built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there for example, the issue of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that, while Kajabi does very well as an all-in-one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Kajabi Learning
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic or Arabic origin that means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. However, if you do intend to make use of it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile so that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Learning