Many learning management system (LMS) platforms offer many crucial features that you can use when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your desired audience, others might not provide all these features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will be a few that have an editing experience so complicated that they turn off their users.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you could think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits One of them which can provide this is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Whats Kajabi
Kajabi can be described as an online service that lets you make and sell your course content to your student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite many reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing almost all of the Kajabi features have been designed so that they are easily accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over others. Additionally it allows budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up its ‘one stop shop name.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of ways that Kajabi lets you use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve made a list in bullet form, of its important attributes that you ought to be aware of when you’re thinking about using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses using a variety of customizing tools, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a professional website that can present your course content and products and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics software with the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automated tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore an array of community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 organizations and famous personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that this can impede some people who might like to give Kajabi a go. But considering the huge amount of important features included into each plan, pricing is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/mo if billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d like when it comes to making and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is offered on select blogs, so if you wish to test the waters and determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so you don’t have to connect with other third-party services to do this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points The Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understandable blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Customization without limits. From designing professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. Making content using the website and course builder software has never been this easy and quick, as it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in your classes. You can also connect, network, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of some particular tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Whats Kajabi
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is the shockingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is structured. If you check the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are organized into five main sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of obstruction, since some of the elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You get to create your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for tools and items on the website by typing in the words. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop, making the process simpler without the need to know how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will soon encounter a list of product or course templates, or the way it calls them, blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are quick-form courses that are usually created in order to increase the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a renowned premium course-maker. Apart from course types, the product blueprints also allow you to create a membership area where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as groups and posts and vice versa. Posts are where you insert various types of content like text, videos images, and text, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are stored.
You can also include subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the feature of bulk uploads. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of more than 10 themes for course players. In contrast to other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline maker, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your brand including logos images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Whats Kajabi
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective method of determining if your students learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your material more.
In addition, the LMS website also has made strides in creating areas for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses through their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and also your future content. The community feature can be accessed as a separate feature or as part of your membership space.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and tools you need to make one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with an automatic SSL certification as well as a team to help maintain your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can personalize to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also eliminate any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to alter any of the themes for websites using a set of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re similar to post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets these days, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by choosing the element of your site you would like for your member learners to see. With all the tools you need to make your site look how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post information and comments on the content of your course. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating your own using an editor for text. You can incorporate SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload a podcast episode you can choose between two choices: publish the podcast as a public one for free or make an exclusive private one that only your members have access to. Whats Kajabi
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students within the comforts of the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than sending e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically to their inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Whats Kajabi
You are able to create as many e-mails for your campaign as you like and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates who can help advertise your website on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Whats Kajabi
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating problems. While other platforms have similar features that require more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature lets you choose from a set of pre-made funnel blueprints or templates for pipelines. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you want to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to increase your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended public to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – for whenever you want to promote your product via web workshops
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your courses through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from starting
Once you select from any of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and emails you’ll have to put together to make an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to appear to your audience. You could even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the common payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to pricing options, Kajabi gives an array of options for you to choose from. You can either charge your students for your services at various times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out to them for free. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a specific amount for one product or a number of products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a specific period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase the products you offer. Whats Kajabi
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in services needed to create and market your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it’s one of the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 support. In contrast to other similar platforms that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat is available at certain times and times on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by those who utilize it to create relevant educational content. Whats Kajabi
As for tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can master and become familiar with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for additional tips and tricks, the help center is available to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they meet their goals.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- An API key that is public. This could be useful in making custom integrations, such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. However, due to the high cost plan and a certain lack in features it may turn some people off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Whats Kajabi
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than the other. However, when you consider the budget-friendly price range we can see how Podia is a great choice for those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a price that is affordable for beginners and a wide range of features, it certainly offers higher-end features than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the manner it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
All in all, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand sales funnel blueprints and efficient e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools that are missing, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a favorite among experienced business owners and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that gives you all you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly look into.
FAQ Whats Kajabi
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize it, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re in the move. Whats Kajabi