Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have many essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. While there may be plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise the courses you offer to your target audience, others might not offer all of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be few that may offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are some which offer more than just the basic editing interface but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they also provide you with nearly all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Newsletter
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an customers. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all walks of life with optimized and vital features to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses , but let them grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the top online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? Well, there are quite plenty of reasons that make the platform very convenient for everyone to use. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation to marketing, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are new in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you run and develop a course-making business without having to go elsewhere in case something is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are numerous options that Kajabi allows you to use as an all-in-one online course solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and materials and blogs to keep your students up-to-date on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective methods to increase the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and increase conversion rates;
- Choose how you wish to invoice your courses and other services for your students, whether it’s one-time payments or a subscription for a month;
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing, CRM, and automation tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service and training materials in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the choice of many of the most well-known people who come from different sectors, like online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. In the last the time this article was written, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly prices that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who would be interested in giving Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included into each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan that costs $149 per month or $119/mo when billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as make a website that you can create with the tools offered by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing pages, unlimited marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from the Basic plan, there is the Growth plan which is the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually, and the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/mo yearly, which is filled with all the features you’d want when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. But a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. An extended trial that lasts up to 30 days is also available on certain blogs. So if you’re looking to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the best choice for you, the limited trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s marketing suite in-house of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed for businesses, so you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software for sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site along with course editors. Making content with the site and the course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Infinite integrations are endless. In addition to native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with fellow instructors and students. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. The three plans offered by Kajabi are more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free option available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Newsletter
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. One of the reasons is that the User Interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections – Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The layout of the menu does not allow for obstruction, since some of the features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You can build a landing page, modify your course and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that can be useful whenever you want to look for something that may be hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections are drag-and-drop which makes the process easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is more user-friendly and has a less arduous learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English if you wish to share your content with broader audiences.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or what the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints differs in terms of structure and design and can be easily modified to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure created to offer an “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you as well as your students are occupied working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course maker. Apart from kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder, you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are called post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories function as folders for the posts that are kept.
You can also include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your courses on one tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of more than 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Similar to the course outline builder, it’s relatively easy to customize any of the themes to suit your personal style. You can even incorporate details of your company’s image, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Newsletter
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments can be a great way to determine the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that, the LMS site has also made strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone feature or as an element of membership area.
Website Design and Customization
Why would you want to publish your course content to your web domain or WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all three pricing plans. The best part is that you’re guaranteed immediate security and security through the automatic SSL certification, as well as an experienced team of experts to maintain your site.
You’re also given the liberty to customize your domain, and also pick from a range of premium, unique themes, all of which you can personalize to your heart’s content! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and have signed up to the Growth plan and above you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away all Kajabi logos and substitute it with your custom-designed theme!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed previously, Kajabi’s page builders lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like the categories and posts we discussed when we’ve discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including media files, text and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the tools you need to build your site how you would like it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi lets you create a section of your website dedicated to your blog where you can publish updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-created website it provides a space where you can do so without limits. Start by creating your blog posts by making your own using an editor for text. You may incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach or group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode, you have two options: either release the podcast as a public one free of charge or create an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Newsletter
Marketing and Sales
Part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are highly easy and straightforward for even those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in email marketing feature allows you to send emails related to your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students from the comfort of the platform. But you may be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For example, when your student successfully logs into one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly, an upsell is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Newsletter
You can create as many e-mails for the campaign you wish and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been more complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS websites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option where you get to assign certain members of yours as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of your company. Alongside paying them the commission rate and monitoring their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Newsletter
Another of Kajabi’s top features can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of problems. While other platforms provide similar features that require much more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even beginners can benefit from it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your target audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for any time you wish to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 pages templates you can choose from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can get to choose between them when they pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are immediately sent directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
For pricing options, Kajabi gives customers a variety of pricing options of options to select from. You can either charge your students for your services at different times (one-time subscription, one-time, or several payments) or give them away for free. You can also choose to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a single product or multiple products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a given timeframe. You also get to generate coupons that will further encourage your target audience to buy the products you offer. Kajabi Newsletter
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in services needed to create and market your courses, but you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you’re struggling to create a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available for certain times and days on weekdays. However, Kajabi’s method of customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to create relevant course content. Kajabi Newsletter
For tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically geared towards teachers and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally, if you’re looking for more advice and tricks assistance, the help section is available to help you along the way. Apart from the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their objectives.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one tool to design and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Here are the following things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications which specialize in issuance of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within the course, we would like that the absence of question type options and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Other payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal are accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limitations also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in feature with other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in features it may cause some to be turned off. If you’re seeking alternatives that have collective similarities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Newsletter
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You can design unlimited courses and sell to your audience of choice without worrying about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price it’s easy to see how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners It certainly has higher-end features than Kajabi, and this includes live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in terms of how it operates. But, we need to appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs to be able to create a professional-looking website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There are a few tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. But we do understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Newsletter
What does the word Kajabi mean?
The word “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic or Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. It is possible to connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs such as MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access your entire courses even while on the go. Kajabi Newsletter