Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can utilize when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll be a few that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that, they also provide you with nearly everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training resources to top-notch analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell What is Kajabi? Kajabi Next
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to create and sell your courses to an customers. It is marketed as a complete service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not just build a professional-looking website for your courses but help them rise to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the best online course platforms, gaining an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked among its users? There are many aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects can be easily accessible to those who are just getting started in the world of e-learning. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over other instructors. In addition this allows students like you to run and create courses without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop label.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and materials, as well as blogs to keep your students up-to-date on what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages, and other viable methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach to the limit, and generate higher conversion rates;
- Select the method you want to invoice your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails and CRM as well as automation tools;
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials in conjunction with Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and big-name personalities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of some of the well-known names who are part of different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi hosts thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. In the last time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different from other online course creation tools in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might like to give it a try. With the abundance of features that are included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer for $199 per month or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually that is loaded to the brim with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is offered for all three plans. An extended trial that lasts as long as 30 days available on selected blogs, so if you want to try the service to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, then the brief trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes automated e-mail marketing, and automation are specifically designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for this!
- The sales funnel software. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and the course builders hasn’t been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to get everything done.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to Zapier’s app allows you to look and select among more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you network, connect, and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be in the same position as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rates provided by other companies. There’s not a free option neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You might need connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Next
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we love the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s users interface (UI) is organized. If you check the dashboard menu, you may find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” brand name. You can build your own landing page, alter your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that may be difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for tools and items on the website by typing in the search terms. Like we said that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages than English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation function, you may soon encounter a list of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products varies in structure and type and can be customized to suit the needs of instructors.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure that are designed to provide the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on contrary, are classes that are scheduled over an established period of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi is known to many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create an entire course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons called categories and posts, respectively. The posts are where you put in different types of content including text, video and images, whereas the categories act as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under one category in order to organize your content more flexiblely. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, including MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs, and even Word documents. You can upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies that you can upload all your files to your course in the same tab. This one is handy especially when you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms, where you’re offered the choice of only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to alter any of the themes to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into your course player in order to give it a an individual touch. Kajabi Next
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to assess if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessments feature, you get to choose between the three primary question types: multiple-choice, paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can even set an assessment score that will encourage your students in engaging with your content more.
In addition, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in providing spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes that you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also take away any Kajabi brand names and then replace that with your own!
Like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, the page builder from Kajabi lets you modify any of the given website themes with a suite of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with customizable sets of blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories from when we discussed our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files, as well as clickable button. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical for Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like members to view. With all the necessary tools to make your site look however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi lets you create sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can share information and comments on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most of your Kajabi-created website this service offers you an area where you can do so without limits. Start by creating the blog post by making one with Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. In addition, you can create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members have access to. Kajabi Next
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and websites to your members who are subscribed students while seated on the platform. You might be surprised by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails initiated by different types of user actions. For example, when a student successfully logs into one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Next
You can create as many emails to your campaign as you want and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive these messages. E-mail management has never been this comprehensive yet easy to handle. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of you. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine how they can contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Next
Another of Kajabi’s standouts is the Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort and effort, this Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to offer a freebie as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to persuade your customers to purchase your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for whenever you’re promoting your classes through an array of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates a set of pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for instance, to a different one The library is filled with 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
For the pricing, Kajabi provides an array of options for you of options to select from. You can either make your student pay for products at various dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or distribute them for free. You even have the chance to select if you’re going to charge a specified price for one product or a number of items, and specify specific dates your members can access within a specific time frame. You can also create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Next
Integrations with Third-Party Services
Kajabi may have a plethora of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform currently supports the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier comes in very handy as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools from e-commerce to user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating an online course or website, in addition to other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to design meaningful course content. Kajabi Next
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to resources that you can learn and get used to. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you in the right direction. Apart from Kajabi’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program, where course creators get rewarded with numerous sweet rewards when they achieve their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one platform to develop and promote your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would be extremely useful to enhance the user experience. These are some of the things that we wish would be included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and credentials. While some provide this service, instructors who use Kajabi frequently will require connecting to third-party applications that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Additional payment options. As of the moment only transactions made through Stripe and PayPal are accepted. In addition, we don’t appreciate how there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations such as having your students who have subscribed to your service log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan and a plethora in features it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity with Kajabi regarding performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors you might be considering when making your choice. Kajabi Next
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant distinction is in the cost that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your audience of choice without having to worry about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features It’s a lot lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly cost, we can see the way Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a beginner-friendly price range and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than the other as well as live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how Teachable is able to incorporate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. Additionally, it allows one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park for offering a wide range of features that most edupreneurs can utilize. It does provide the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite that includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing for example, the issue of certificates specifically. Plus with a steep cost, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established business owners and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Next
What is the meaning of Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical goods on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual programs, you can sell physical products through Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on the platform!
Concerning e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. If you do want to use it, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices for you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Next