Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms come with various essential features that you can use whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your intended audience, others may not have most of these features. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will also be some that offer editing features that are so complicated that it turns off its users.
Within the sea of online course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also a plethora of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer almost all you can think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you go beyond the limits of your abilities and one of the platforms which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance: How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Plugins
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to create and sell your courses to an student audience. Branded as an all-in-one service that provides entrepreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and essential features needed to not only create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the most effective online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are plenty of reasons that make the platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. First, it’s the user-friendliness. From the course creation to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over others. Additionally this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi provides all the tools anyone may need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for if you’re considering using it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive classes using a range of tools for customizing, media files, and templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to present your course content and products, as well as a blog where you can keep your students up-to-date on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages and other effective ways to improve your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics software with e-mail marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links, and
- Explore a wide variety of community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is used and trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course-making services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly prices that start as low as $119, it’s no wonder that this might be an issue for those who might like to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of features that are included into every plan, the price is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start by offering the Basic plan that costs $149 per month, or $119/month if billed annually. With this tier, you can create three products, garner a maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with every feature you could ask for when making and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the limited free trial is the best method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with third-party solutions for this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the most popular features on the platform is the Pipeline Builder. Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. Making content using the site and the course creator software was never so easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in any of your courses. You can also connect, network, and celebrate with tons of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost more than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to create custom-made ones of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of certain features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Plugins
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the users interface (UI) is organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that can be useful anytime you’re looking for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the shape of a search bar and it lets you look for tools and items within the website by typing in the keywords. As mentioned previously, both Kajabi’s courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to expose your content to broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses on the other hand, are programs that are scheduled over an established period of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a well-known premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints let you create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coach session that spans 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create your own course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
When you explore the course builder you’ll see an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s instance, these sections and lessons are referred to as post categories as well as category, or. The posts are where you insert various types of content such as text, video, and images, while the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts, including MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like a few select course-making platforms, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your course in one page. This one is handy especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be allowed to select the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting various themes for the various products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics that represent your brand including logos, images, and font design into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Plugins
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are an effective method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. With the assessment feature, you get to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students in engaging with your content.
Aside from that aside from that, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating spaces for students and teachers to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to interact and comment on all of your courses on their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your lessons from the past as well as your future content. The community feature is available as a separate item or as a part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why should you upload your course materials with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting for all three plans of pricing. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and safety with an automatic SSL certification as well as the support of a team to manage your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a variety of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can personalize to your heart’s content! This doesn’t stop there. If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to import custom-made themes built to meet your ever-growing needs and also remove any Kajabi branding and replace it with your own!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, the page builder from Kajabi allows you to alter any of the given themes for websites using a set of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. Upon further exploration, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re similar to the categories and posts from when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content, such as text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections are, however, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are more than 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets these days it’s logical to use Kajabi to have your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can go an extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to appear Kajabi’s page builders are not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website that is dedicated to your blog, where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with your blog posts by making one using the text editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you’d like to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories and even alter the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as up to with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload podcast episodes there are two choices: publish it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private one that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Plugins
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is its array of marketing and sales tools that are extremely user-friendly and easy even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to automate sequences of e-mails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically into their email inbox. If the course performs poorly then an upsell message is sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Plugins
You can create as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and schedule each of them according to your preferences. You can even select which of your members gets the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You wouldn’t have to worry about integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature which allows you to designate some of your members as affiliates who can help promote your content on your behalf. Apart from paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Plugins
Another one of Kajabi’s overall notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more effort and time however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer the freebie to lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO is a great option for any time you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for occasions when you need to advertise your products through web workshops
- Free Book OVO – for anytime you’d like to promote your content with an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for when you’re trying to promote your courses by means of an array of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’re looking to create your sales funnel from the beginning
After you pick one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll require to create an efficient sales funnel. You can alter the way you would like your sales funnel to appear to your target audience. You can even alter the look of your landing and checkout pages, for example changing the design to a different theme – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the common payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions, as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn will be immediately transferred to your bank account.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can cost your pupils for the services at various time frames (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or hand them out for free. You also have the option to decide if you want to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple products, as well as establish specific dates for your members can access within a specific period of time. You can also create coupons that will further encourage your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Plugins
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you create and market your courses however, you also can connect to third-party applications to provide an added boost in functionality. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other tools and third-party apps from e-commerce to user experience.
Training and Support for Customers
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over its competitors because it is one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you when you’re struggling to create an online course or website, in addition to other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat is available at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by those who utilize it to develop useful courses. Kajabi Plugins
In terms of training tools, Kajabi offers you a variety of ways to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the field of course development. You’re also invited to every day Q&A webinars that feature top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and, if you’re looking for other tips and tricks the help desk is available to help you on your way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their goals.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material, but we have to address a few vital things that are not being addressed. The majority of these would be extremely useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we’d like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often need to connect to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within the course, we would like for the absence of options for question types as well as randomization of these types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe as well as PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are certain limits also.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features any aspiring Edupreneur could dream of. But with the steep price plan and a certain lack in terms of functionality, the site may cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might be considering in making your choice. Kajabi Plugins
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and market to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, much easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to imagine the ways Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the manner it functions. But, we need to appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide all the features you need, from intuitive functions needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient marketing tools for e-mails.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the right choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that even though Kajabi performs very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limits. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously look into.
FAQ Kajabi Plugins
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
In terms of e-mail marketing Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built within the platform, it’s natural that it’s sufficient to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. However, if you want to use this feature, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribed members can access your entire course content even when you’re on the go. Kajabi Plugins