A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with various crucial features that you can utilize whenever you create meaningful content. While there may be plenty of websites that allow you to make use of advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your target audience, some may not have most of the features. And while some offer easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be few that may provide editing options so complex that it turns its users off.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are some that provide more than the basic editing interface but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. And on top of that they offer almost all you can think of, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
A Quick Look: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Raises 550 Million
Kajabi is an online platform that allows you to make and sell your course content to your customers. Branded as an all-in-one service and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and essential features needed to not just create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi is widely praised and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming rating from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are many reasons that make the platform extremely easy for anyone to utilize. First, it’s the simplicity of usage. From the course creation to marketing almost all of Kajabi’s aspects are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course the added edge over other instructors. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build an online course without having to travel elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need in order to live up the ‘one-stop-shop label.
What Does It Let You Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullet points, of its important attributes that you ought to keep an eye on in the event you’re considering it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of tools for customizing including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to house your course contents and other products and a blog where you can keep your students updated on the latest developments;
- Efficiently make use of landing pages, checkout pages and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach beyond the limits and boost conversion rates.
- Choose how you wish to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a subscription for a month;
- Build effective sales funnels without any difficulties by making use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Make use of its internal marketing and analytics suite with e-mail marketing as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community, customer service, and training resources in conjunction with Kajabi University.
The Big Names Who Have Utilized Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and famous personalities. It’s the choice of some of the well-known names that are from various sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. At the time of writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation tools in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder that it can be a hindrance for some who want to give Kajabi a go. However, when you consider the number of essential features already packed within every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month if billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, gain an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create your own website you can modify using the tools provided by Kajabi’s platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to useful resources, such as one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/month if you pay annually, as well as the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed to the brim with every feature you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is offered for each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs up to 30 days is offered on select blogs. So if you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the right fit for you, the limited trial period is the ideal method to start.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as e-mail marketing and automation, are specifically designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites all the way to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website along with course editors. Making content using the site and course builders hasn’t been so simple and fast, since it requires less time and effort to get everything done.
- Infinite integrations. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Building worthwhile relationships with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to interact with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – Things We Don’t Like
- The pricing plans are hefty. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are greater than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s not a free option neither.
- No built-in tools to issue certificates. You may need connect to a third-party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of some particular features, including adequate discussion forums, as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Raises 550 Million
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing that we like the most about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the platform’s User Interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales Marketing and People. The menu’s design does not allow for confusion, as certain features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course and communicate with your instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard, in the form of a search bar and allows you to search for tools and items within the site by typing in the search terms. Like we said, both Kajabi’s site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve than some of its competitors. It can also be used in other languages that English in case you want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Creation and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products or what the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses that are usually created in order to increase brand value, while Online Courses are full-version types with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses on the contrary, are classes which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient method of sharing your content when you or your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi may be known by many as a renowned premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design a course or product from the ground up!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder, you’ll notice the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically added when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons known as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are where you insert various kinds of content, including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders where the posts are kept.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under one category in order to structure your content flexibly. You can drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a variety of text and media files to be added to your posts. These include MOV and MP4 files WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. You can upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like several other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to use the feature of bulk uploads. Similar to the name it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This can be useful particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose several themes to suit different products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any theme to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image including logos or images as well as font designs , into your course player to cultivate an individual touch. Kajabi Raises 550 Million
Quizzes and Student Interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful way to determine whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessments feature, you can select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create an assessment score that will encourage your students to be more engaged with your content.
Apart from that, in addition, the LMS website has been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to connect. Through the Community feature your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses through their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone item or as a component of your member.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools to create one within the platform? Kajabi offers unlimited web hosting on three pricing plans. What’s great about this is you’re assured of instant security and security through an automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
You also have the option to customize your domain, and also pick from a wide array of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan or higher you are able to download custom-designed themes designed to meet the ever-changing needs of your business as well as take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your personal brand!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. Upon further exploration you’ll be presented with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like post categories, and categories from when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are referred to as the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files and clickable buttons. Sections are, however are formed by a variety of carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates can be picked from the page builder’s dashboard. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by picking the element of your site you would like for your members to view. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to look the page builder from Kajabi is not just extremely flexible, but also fast to use.
Blogging and Other Useful Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you’re looking to get the most out of your Kajabi-made site this service offers you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. You can get started with posting blog content by creating your own using an editor for text. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to reach a larger audience and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities might not be on with WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to make it manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms like the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast you can choose between two options: release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private version which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Raises 550 Million
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular among edupreneurs is the variety of marketing and sales tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to utilize!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send emails about your course and website to your subscribed member students while seated on the platform. But you may be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student logs in successfully to one of your classes after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent to their inbox. If another course is not performing then an upsell message is sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Raises 550 Million
You are able to create as many emails to your campaigns as you wish and then schedule them according to your preferences. You can choose which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been more complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that wouldn’t have to worry about the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates who can help in promoting your site on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to determine the extent to which they are contributing to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Raises 550 Million
Another one of Kajabi’s overall top features can be its Pipeline Builder, where you are able to design specialized marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features, which require more time and effort however, Pipeline Builder is a breeze to use. Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated can benefit from it. This amazing feature lets you select from a collection of pre-made funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO – for when you need to convince your intended audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline, Kajabi automatically creates pages and emails you’ll require to create an effective sales funnel. You can alter the way you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You can even alter the theme of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different – there is a library full of 40+ page templates that you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your students can choose one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is a popular payment method that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as various e-wallet companies across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an option to subscribe and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part since all the money you earn are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers customers a variety of pricing options of pricing options. You can cost your pupils for the products at different times (one-time, subscription, and several payments) or distribute them to them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a set amount for a specific product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your members can access within a certain time frame. You also get to generate coupons to further motivate your audience to purchase any of your offers. Kajabi Raises 550 Million
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in tools to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful because it allows connections with hundreds of other third-party applications and tools, ranging that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Support for Customers
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you if you encounter difficulties creating a course or page among other important issues, anytime and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors that are on the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available for specific times and on certain days during the day. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many who use it to design meaningful course content. Kajabi Raises 550 Million
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides the user a range of access to use resources to master and become familiar with. The Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, classes and educational content specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the course creation world. Additionally, you can attend every day Q&A webinars that feature prominent experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and when you’re looking for additional tips and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. Alongside the platform’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators are rewarded with tons of sweet perks as they achieve their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Here are the following things that we wish would be included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools for issuance of certificates and certificates. While some provide this service instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we are pleased with the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the lack of question type options – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal are accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This would have been useful in making custom integrations, like having your students who have subscribed to your service sign in using the single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan and a certain lack of features, it could make some people turn away. If you’re seeking alternatives that have commonalities with Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy alternatives that you might think about in making your choice. Kajabi Raises 550 Million
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one solutions similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price that starts at $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your target audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia isn’t just claiming to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly cost it’s easy to understand how Podia can appeal to those who want to start their own business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price It certainly has more industry-level functions than Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in the manner it functions. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by having nearly all the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the inclusion of easy-to-understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing like the issue of certificates in particular. Plus with a steep price tag, it may not be the best choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that even though Kajabi performs well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being an extremely popular choice for established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking to find an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Raises 550 Million
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also join with Shopify to build a fully functional online store on Kajabi!
Concerning e-mail marketing is it possible Kajabi can take over MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already comes with e-mail marketing tools built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to take over third-party apps such as MailChimp. However, if you want to use the platform, Kajabi still allows you to connect it with other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all course content even when you’re traveling. Kajabi Raises 550 Million