A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many important features can be utilized whenever you create meaningful content. While there could be a lot of sites that let you make use of advanced marketing tools to advertise classes to your desired viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be few that may provide editing options so complicated that they turn off their users.
In the sea of e-course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost everything you could think of including 24/7 support and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Store
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you develop and market your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all kinds of industries with the best and vital features to not just create a professional site for your courses, but also allow them to grow to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and is regarded as one of the most effective online course platforms, gaining an overwhelmingly positive score with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-liked by its users? Well, there are quite numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the ease of use. From course creation to the marketing services the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be accessible to those who are only beginning to get started in the world of e-learning. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an edge over the rest. Lastly, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is not available. Kajabi has all the available tools that anyone could require in order to live up to its ‘one-stop shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are numerous methods that Kajabi can do as an all-in-one e-course solution. We’ve made a list in bullets of the key attributes that you ought to be aware of if you’re considering the option. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of customizing tools such as media files, templates you can select in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Build a presentable website to present your course content and other products and blogs to keep your students updated on what else is new;
- Efficiently make use of websites, landing pages and checkout sites, and other effective ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and boost conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s a one-time fee or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite with email marketing as well as CRM and automation tools;
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community and training tools, with the addition of Kajabi University.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who come from different industries, such as online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, that are used and explored by more than 35 million students across the globe. At the time of writing, Kajabi boasts more than $650 million of revenue since its inception in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Strategies
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that it can be a hindrance for some who might like to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of important features included in each plan, pricing is understandably reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start at the Basic plan priced at $149 per month, or $119/month for billing annually. With this tier, you are able to design three products, reach up to 1,000 active customers, and make websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by Kajabi’s platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing websites, indefinite marketing emails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there is the Growth plan which is Kajabi’s most popular plan at $199 a month or $159/mo when paid annually. There is also the Pro plan, which costs $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with all the features you’d want when you are creating and selling your courses. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is offered for each of the three plans. A longer trial of up to 30 days is available on certain blogs. If you’re looking to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including email marketing and automation are designed to be optimized for businessuse, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with other third-party services for that!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platform’s best-selling points is the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses down to the custom website, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The easy and intuitive website and course editors. Making content using the site and course builder software has never been so easy and swift, and it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Limitless integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than one thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you interact with students enrolled in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with a multitude of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free option available either.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. It is possible to connect to a third party certificate application if you intend to design custom-made certificates of various types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We don’t appreciate the lack of certain tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly distribute the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Store
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we love one thing we like about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. One of the reasons is that the user interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the screen menu, you’ll find that all the features are divided into five major sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to a specified section are collapsible. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can create a landing page, modify your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that comes in handy anytime you’re looking for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form of a search bar, and it lets you look for tools and items within the site by entering the keywords. As mentioned previously the courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English for those who want to share your content with broader audience.
Course Development and Engagement
If you take a look at Kajabi’s courses creation feature, you’ll soon encounter a list of course or product templates, or, as the platform calls it blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas online Courses are full-version types that have a complete structure of content designed for a “world-class” learning experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of weeks or days. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints also allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content as well as a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. There’s also a blank template which allows you to design an entire course or product from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are referred to as post categories as well as category, respectively. Posts are the places where you insert various types of content including text, video, and images, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories of posts within a category if you want to arrange your content in a flexible way. You may also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs, and even Word documents. Upload any of them either from your computer folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs of your video to your blog posts!
Like a few select platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to use the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests, you can add all the files you have uploaded to your course in one tab. This can be useful, especially if you’re busy performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the choice of selecting several themes to suit various products. Like the outline creator, it’s simple to modify any theme to suit your personal style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand including logos, images, and font design into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Store
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments. It allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your course. Assessments are a helpful method of determining if your students learned something from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment option, you are able to choose between the three primary types of questions: multiple-choice multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
In addition, the LMS site has also been able to make strides in creating spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, students have access to comment and interact with any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your posts to discuss with the rest of them your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is offered either as a stand-alone feature or as component of your member area.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress web site when Kajabi provides the platform and tools you need to create one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant security and safety with an automated SSL certification and a team to help maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain as well as choose from a range of professional, one-of-a-kind themes, which you can customize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert in edupreneurship and signed to the Growth plan and above, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also take away all Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the website themes with a suite of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like the categories and posts that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about our course building tool. Blocks are the components that comprise the content of the website including text, media files or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that can be picked from the dashboard of the page builder. We’re all hooked to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays it’s logical to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile by picking the elements of your website you want for your members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website however you want it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not provide this, but Kajabi allows you to make an area on your site dedicated to your blog where you can post comments and updates about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website this service offers you the opportunity to do so without limits. It is possible to begin with the blog post by creating your own using Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you wish to have a wider reach and organize your blog posts into various categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to allow it to be managed. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your site. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on your website and then distributed to major podcasting platforms, such as the Apple Podcasts platform and Spotify. If you upload a podcast episode, you have two options: either release it as a podcast that is public free of charge or create an exclusive private podcast that only your members are able to access. Kajabi Store
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are highly convenient and simple enough for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built in email marketing feature allows you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribed member students from the comfort of the platform. However, you might be amazed by the fact that it goes beyond just send e-mails. With the aid from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after checking out, a welcome message will be automatically delivered directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Store
You can send as many e-mails for your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been this complete and easy to manage. In contrast to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require the integration with third-party platforms to make things work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing feature where you get to assign some of your members as affiliates who can help advertise your website on behalf of you. In addition to paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how well they contribute to increasing your conversion rates and click rates. Kajabi Store
Another of Kajabi’s notable features are its Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels without a lot of difficulties. While other platforms provide similar features that require more effort and time, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even beginners can benefit from it. This feature is stunning and allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide the freebie to lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option when you need to convince your target public to buy your product by utilizing the sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use occasions when you need to advertise your business through web-based training seminars
- Free Book OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your content with the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO – to use any time you’re promoting your courses by means of a series of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you’d like to construct your sales funnel from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi will automatically generate pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you would like your sales funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the design of your landing and checkout pages, for example, to a different one The library is full of 40+ pages templates you can pick from.
Payment and Pricing Options
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal so that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your courses. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions, as well as certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred to your bank account.
In terms of price options for Kajabi, it offers an array of options for you of pricing options. You can make your student pay for products at various times (one-time or subscription and several payments) or distribute them for free. You even have the chance to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific item or for a variety of products, as well as specify specific dates your members can access within a specific period of time. Additionally, you can create coupons to further motivate your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Store
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you make and market your courses however, you also have the option of connecting to third-party applications to provide more functions. Kajabi currently has ten native integrations, including the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful since it allows you to establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to help you whenever you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other crucial issues, anytime and wherever. It’s crucial to note that this 24 hour support is available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live chat support is scheduled at certain times and days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been well-received by many who use it to develop useful courses. Kajabi Store
For tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially geared towards teachers and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their position in the course creation world. There are also daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different fields as guests, plus, if you’re looking for other advice and tricks the help desk is always there to guide you on your way. In addition to Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program where course creators get rewarded with many sweet perks when they meet their objectives.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and sell your course material however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that aren’t being addressed. Most of them would have been extremely helpful to enhance the user experience. Below are the items that we wish would be added to Kajabi’s system in the near future:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors using Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party applications that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we’d like for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe and PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, we don’t appreciate how there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This would have been useful for creating custom integrations for example, the ability to let your subscribers sign in using the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring Edupreneur would ever want to have. But due to its high price plan, and the lack of features, it may turn some people off. If you’re looking for alternatives with similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to reliability and performance, we’ve listed some worthy competitors you might think about in your decision. Kajabi Store
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and sell to your target audience without worrying about the cost!
- Podia does not just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, far easier than Kajabi! Although you can make use of marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. With the extremely affordable cost we can understand the way Podia will appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi isn’t a reputable platform and lacks more advanced features for quizzes, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi which includes live lesson courses and a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options, as it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by offering a wide range of options that most entrepreneurs utilize. It sure does offer the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic integrated marketing suite, which includes the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There may be a few tools that are missing like the issue of certificates, in particular. Plus with a steep cost, it might not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. But we do understand that, while Kajabi does well in being an all-in-one solution for creating courses, it will always have limits. That doesn’t stop it, but it is an extremely popular choice for established creators and businesses!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that offers everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you must seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Store
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” originates from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard programs, you can sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also integrate with Shopify to build a fully functional e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi can be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s logical that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other applications as well.
Does Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has a mobile app to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed can access your entire course materials even when traveling. Kajabi Store