Hundreds of learning management system (LMS) platforms have various essential features that you can use when creating content of high quality. While there could be a lot of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to promote classes to your target viewers, other platforms might not provide all those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that have an editing experience that is so complicated they turn off their users.
Within the sea of online course platforms There are a handful which offer more than just an easy editing interface, but also a myriad of marketing and sales functions. Additionally they offer almost everything you’d ever want including 24/7 support and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you explore beyond your limits, and one of those which can provide this is Kajabi.
At a Glance How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Subscriptions
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your course content to your audience of students. It is marketed as a complete service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional site for your courses, but help them rise to greater heights. Kajabi is widely praised and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming score with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated among its users? It’s true that there are numerous aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. Firstly, it’s the extreme ease of use. From course creation all the way to the marketing services, nearly all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible even for those who are just getting started in the world of online courses. Most of them are also advanced, giving administrating instructors the added edge over others. Lastly this allows students such as you manage and build a course-making business without having to go elsewhere if anything else isn’t available. Kajabi offers all the tools anyone may need and is a true testament to its ‘one-stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve made a list in bullet points, of its important features that you may want to keep an eye on if you’re considering it. In essence, Kajabi allows you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools, media files, and templates you can select according to your preference;
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and products, as well as blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Efficiently make use of the landing page, checkout pages, and other effective methods to increase your earnings, expand your reach beyond the limits and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to bill your courses and other products for your students, whether it’s a one-time fee or a subscription for a month;
- Create effective sales funnels with no any difficulties by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links; and
- Explore a variety of community, customer service, and training resources in conjunction with the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. Kajabi is the preferred choice of several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands of courses that are used and explored by more than 35 million students from all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans Kajabi provides are different than other online course-making services in that they’re more costly. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s not surprising that this might be an issue for those who might be interested in giving it a try. With the abundance of essential features already packed in every plan, the price is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin at the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you can create three products, reach an maximum of 1,000 active customers, and create websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Included are unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails, and unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer support as well as Kajabi University.
Apart from basic plans, there’s the Growth plan, which happens to be Kajabi’s most popular plan with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually and is packed with every feature you’d want when it comes to designing and selling your course. Kajabi currently does not offer an option to pay for the plan. There is however a fourteen-day no-cost trial is available on all three plans. A longer trial of for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right fit for you, then the brief free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s own marketing suite of tools, which includes email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and it isn’t necessary to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another one of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to overcomplicate yourself!
- Customization without limits. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom domain, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even build your brand from the ground up.
- The simple and intuitive site and course editors. The creation of content using the website and course builders hasn’t been this easy and quick, as it takes less effort and time to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics solutions, connecting to Zapier’s app lets users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your efficiency.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature allows you to connect with students who are enrolled in any of your courses. You can also make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The pricey pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones that are of different types.
- Insufficient tools for instructor-student engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of certain features, including proper discussion forums and the ability to randomly assign quizzes or assignments. Kajabi Subscriptions
The Review of Kajabi’s features
Easy of Use and Experience
One thing we love about Kajabi is its surprisingly simple user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is structured. If you may notice on the dashboard menu, you will notice that all features are divided into five major sections – Website Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of clutter, as some aspects that belong to the specific section can be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You can build a landing page, modify your course, and communicate with your instructors on one site.
There is a search assistant tool that is useful when you need to search for something that is hard to find. The Kajabi Assistant is located at the top of the dashboard in the shape that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for items and tools on the website by typing in the search terms. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi website builder and course builder sections can be moved and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English for those who want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Design and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course creation function, you may quickly come across a variety of course or product templates or what the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
The blueprints listed are Mini Courses as well as Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses which are generally designed as a means of gaining brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version courses that have a complete structure of content that are designed to provide an “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you or your students are busy working on other projects.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course-maker. But, aside from the courses, the blueprints also allow you to make a membership site where your customers can enjoy exclusive content and a coaching session that spans 12 weeks. The template is also blank where you can create your own course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these sections and lessons are referred to as categories and posts, respectively. Posts are where you put in different kinds of content, such as text, video and images, whereas the categories serve as folders in which the posts are stored.
It is also possible to include subcategories for posts in a category if you want to structure your content flexibly. You can move and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a broad range of text and media files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs and Word documents. Upload all of them directly through your computer’s folders or file-sharing cloud platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. You can also duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
As with a handful of other platform for making courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. As the name suggests it allows you to upload all the files you have uploaded to your course in the same tab. This one is handy particularly if you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 course player themes. Unlike other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing various themes for the various products. Like the outline builder, it’s relatively simple to modify any of the themes to fit your style. You can even incorporate details that represent your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into your course player in order to give it a your own personal style. Kajabi Subscriptions
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi includes a quiz function called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and include them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are a helpful method of determining the extent to which your students gained from the lessons you’ve provided them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different types of questions: multiple-choice paragraph-style, and multiple-selection. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, it is also important to note that the LMS site has also made strides in creating areas for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your posts to discuss with your fellow students about your previous lessons and also your future content. The community feature is available as a separate product or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content on your website’s domain or WordPress web site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting for all 3 pricing options. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification, as well as the support of a team to manage your website.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes that you can customize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and signed to the Growth plan and above you can use custom-designed themes that are built to fit your ever-expanding needs and also take away the Kajabi branding and replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder that we’ve discussed earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the available themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. If you continue to explore, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories that we’ve discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are referred to as the elements that make up the content of the website, such as media files, text or clickable icons. Sections on the other hand, are formed by multiple carefully-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can pick from the dashboard of the page builder. As we’re all glued to our phones and tiny tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to mobile layout. You can even go the extra mile and select the elements of your website you want members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website however you want it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not just extremely flexible, but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms may not have this feature, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can share comments and updates about your course’s content. If you want to make the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you the opportunity to do so without limits. Start by creating posting blog content by creating one using an editor for text. You can include SEO elements if you wish to reach a larger audience or group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging capabilities may not be as up to the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to make it manageable. You can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast that will be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcast listening platforms such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When you upload podcast episodes there are two options: either release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users can get access to. Kajabi Subscriptions
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely convenient and simple enough even for those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A major draw for the masses, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow you to send e-mails related to your course and website to your subscribers students while seated on the platform. However, you might be amazed that it does more than simply send emails. With the aid with Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of emails that are initiated by different types of user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following the checkout process, a welcome email will be automatically sent directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms then an upsell message is delivered to offer suggestions for improvement Kajabi Subscriptions
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you want and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can even select which members of your group are eligible to receive those messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with tools for marketing e-mails that you don’t require integrating with other third-party platforms to make things work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function which allows you to designate certain members of yours as affiliates who can help promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission and monitoring their performance to see how well they contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Subscriptions
Another of Kajabi’s top features are its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms have similar features that require much more time and effort however, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be extremely simple and quick that even the uninitiated are able to make the most of it. This feature is stunning and lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. This includes:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to build your list
- Sales Page OVO – for any time you wish to convince your intended audience to buy your product via a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for anytime you’d like to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses by means of the use of coaching sessions
- Blank blueprint – for whenever you want to build the sales funnel you want from ground
After you pick one of the blueprints for your pipeline Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and e-mails that you’ll need to pull off an efficient sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for example you can change the theme to something different The library is filled with 40+ pages templates you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you seamlessly integrate with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows debit and credit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal is, on the other hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any fees for transactions on the part of Kajabi since all the money you earn are instantly transferred directly to the bank accounts of your choice.
When it comes to the pricing, Kajabi gives an array of options for you of options to select from. You can charge your students for your services at different dates (one-time or subscription and multiple payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for one item or for a variety of items, and specify specific dates your students can access your products within a specific time frame. Additionally, you can create coupons that will further encourage your customers to purchase all of your products. Kajabi Subscriptions
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide an additional boost of functions. The platform is currently able to support ten native integrations, including the well-known analytics service Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds more third-party apps and tools that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Training and Customer Support Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few platforms for creating courses with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is always ready to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to mention that this 24-hour support is available to instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users, live chat is available at specific times and on certain days on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer support has been highly praised by many of the instructors who use it to develop meaningful educational content. Kajabi Subscriptions
As for training tools, Kajabi offers the user a range of access to use resources to master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and informational content that are specifically targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them gain traction or boost their standing in the world of course design. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with leading experts from different areas as guests. Additionally when you’re looking for other tips and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is Kajabi’s Hero Rewards program where course creators can earn many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi might be a fantastic all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must take care of a few essential things that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful to improve the experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi frequently will need to connect to third-party software that are specialized in the issue of certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the system’s handling of assessment within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types – to be addressed soonest.
- Other payment options. As of the moment, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal will be accepted. Not only that, we aren’t sure if there are certain limits as well.
- A public API key. This could be useful for custom integrations, like the ability to let your subscribers login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi might have the most of the features an Edupreneur could dream of. However, due to the high cost plan, and the lack of features, it might cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Subscriptions
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month, you can create unlimited courses and market your course to the right audience without worrying about breaking the bank!
- Podia does not just claim to be creator-friendly. It’s also extremely simple to use, and much more user-friendly than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than other. But considering the very budget-friendly price range we can understand how Podia can appeal to individuals who are just starting out in the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With a beginner-friendly price range, it sure does offer greater features that Kajabi as well as live-taught courses as well as a built-in app integrations store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it functions. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it can support Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi does not have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of offering a wide range of tools that most entrepreneurs utilize. It does provide the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to build a professional-looking web pages to the fantastic built-in marketing suite with the addition of simple sales funnel blueprints and efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools missing, such as the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise choice among the budget-conscious. We do recognize that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for creating courses however, it’ll always have limitations. It doesn’t hinder it, however, from being a favorite among experienced entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re looking for an LMS that can provide everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you ought to seriously think about.
FAQ Kajabi Subscriptions
What is the meaning of Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” derives from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Apart from the standard classes, you can also sell physical items on Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to create a fully-functioning e-commerce shop on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could be able to be able to replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has e-mail marketing tools built within the platform, it’s logical that it’s enough to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do wish to utilize this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other apps as well.
Are you sure that Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app for mobile devices to ensure that you and the members who have subscribed have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi Subscriptions