A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms offer various important features you can use when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to utilize advanced marketing tools to promote your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not offer all of those things. While some provide easy-to-use tools to build courses, there’ll also be some that offer editing features that are so complex that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that offer not just a simple editing interface, but also a myriad of sales and marketing functions. In addition to that they also offer nearly everything you could think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one courses let you explore beyond your limits One of them that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: Kajabi: What exactly is Kajabi? Kajabi Through The Years
Kajabi can be described as an online service that allows you to make and sell your courses to an audience of students. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all walks of life with optimized and necessary features that will not just build a professional-looking site for your courses, but let them grow to greater heights. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelmingly positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? It’s true that there are plenty of aspects that make this platform extremely convenient for all to use. It’s first and foremost the simplicity of usage. From course creation to the marketing services almost all of Kajabi’s aspects have been designed so that they are digestible for people who are only beginning to get started in the e-course world. A majority of them are advanced, which gives instructors who administer the course an advantage over other instructors. In addition this allows students like you to run and create a course-making business without having to travel to another place if something else is missing. Kajabi has all the available equipment that one could need and is a true testament the ‘one-stop-shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are many kinds of ways that Kajabi lets you create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve put together a list in bullets, of its important characteristics that you might want to watch out for when you’re thinking about the option. In simple terms, Kajabi allows you:
- Create interactive and engaging courses with a wide array of customizing tools including media files, templates that you can choose according to your preference;
- Build a presentable website to display your course materials and products along with blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize websites, landing pages and checkout sites and other effective methods to boost the profits you earn, extend your reach over the boundaries and boost conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to bill your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use funnel templates and funnel blueprints;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails, CRM, and automated tools.
- Create and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore an array of community, customer service and training tools and features, including Kajabi University.
Famous Names that have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by more than 16,000 companies and big-name personalities. It’s the go-to choice for many of the most well-known people who are part of different sectors, like the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in revenue since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course creation services in that they’re more costly. With monthly costs that begin at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why it can be a hindrance for some who might be interested in giving it a try. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin with the Basic plan, which costs $149 per month or $119/mo for billing annually. In this plan, you get to create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and make your own website you can create with the tools offered by the platform. Additionally, you get unlimited pages for landing pages, unlimited marketing e-mails as well as unlimited access to helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
In addition to the Basic plan, there’s the Growth plan which is the most sought-after plan on the platform for $199 per month or $159/month if you pay annually, and the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/mo yearly that is loaded with all the features you’d like when it comes to creating and selling your courses. Kajabi is currently not offering a free plan option. However, a 14-day no-cost trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs for up to 30 days also available on certain blogs. So if you wish to try the service and see if Kajabi’s the right choice for you, then the brief trial period is the ideal option.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros and Cons – What We Really Like About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, such as email marketing and automation are optimized for business, and you don’t have to connect with other third-party services for this!
- The software that creates sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points The sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your hearts content and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site along with course editors. Making content using the site and the course builder software has never been this easy and swift, and it requires less time and effort to finish the job.
- Unlimited integrations. Aside from native integrations with the ten marketing, e-commerce and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows you to explore and choose from more than a thousand non-native platforms to increase effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you engage with the students enrolled in any of your courses. It also lets you make connections, network and share your joy with hundreds of teachers who happen to be similar to you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The steep pricing plans. Kajabi’s three pricing plans are higher than the typical monthly prices that other providers offer. There’s no free plan available as well.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You might need to connect to a third party certificate app if you plan to create custom-made ones of various types.
- There aren’t enough tools to facilitate student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of some particular tools, such as appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomize the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Through The Years
A Review of Kajabi’s Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing we like the most about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. For one, most of the platform’s user interface (UI) is organized. If you look at the dashboard menu, you will see that the functions are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales, Marketing, and People. The layout of the menu leaves no space for clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI layout is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ hallmark. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even engage with other instructors on the same site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant can be found in the top part of the dashboard in the form that of a bar for searching and it lets you look for specific tools and products within the website by typing in the keywords. As previously mentioned that both the Kajabi site builder and course builder sections can be dragged and dropped, making the process simpler without needing to learn how to navigate the site. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve than a couple of its contemporaries. It also supports multiple languages other that English in case you want to present your content to wider audience.
Course Creation and Engagement
Once you explore Kajabi’s course design feature, you will be able to see a collection of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them blueprints. Each of the blueprints for products is different in its structure and style and can be customized to meet the needs of any instructor.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses, Online Courses and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form quick courses, which are typically designed as a way to build brand recognition, while Online Courses are full-version versions with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” educational experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are programs which are planned over an established period of days or weeks. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s a much more convenient way to share your content if you as well as your students are occupied with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints let you make a membership site that allows your customers to access exclusive content and a coaching session lasting 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create your own course or product completely from the ground up!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to explore the course builder you will notice the outline of the sections and lessons that were automatically added if you choose one of the blueprints for your course. In the case of Kajabi, these parts and the lessons known as categories and posts, or. The posts are where you can insert different types of content, like text, videos, and images, while the categories act as folders for the posts that are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of text and media files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs and Word documents. You can upload any of them either through your computer’s folders or through file-sharing cloud platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name, you can add all your files to your courses on the same tab. This is a great option particularly if you’re working on other things.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi has a variety of over 10 themes for courses. Unlike other LMS platforms that only allow you to be given the option to choose only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for various products. Similar to the course outline creator, it’s simple to alter any of the themes to match your preferences. You can also incorporate elements of your company’s image, such as the logo, images, and font designs , into your course player to cultivate your own personal style. Kajabi Through The Years
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi has a quiz feature called Assessments that allows you to make quizzes and assignments and add them as part of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective method of determining whether your students have learned something from the curriculum you’ve given them. With the assessment feature, you get to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to be more engaged with your material more.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website also has made progress in providing spaces for teachers and students to communicate. Through the Community feature, your students are able to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts to discuss with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as an element of membership space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why share your course contents with your domain name as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools you need to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across the 3 pricing options. The best part is that you’re assured of instant safety and security with the automatic SSL certification and a team to help maintain your site.
Additionally, you have the freedom to modify your domain as well as pick from a range of premium, unique themes that you can modify to your liking! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to download custom-designed themes designed to meet your ever-growing needs as well as take away all Kajabi logos and substitute that with your own!
Similar to the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder allows you to modify any of the themes on the website using a variety of intuitive and easy-to-handle editing tools. After further exploration, you will be greeted with a variety of customizable blocks and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts that we’ve discussed when we discussed how to build courses. Blocks are the elements that compose the site’s content including text, media files, or clickable icons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple well-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed section templates that you can pick from the page builder’s dashboard. As we’re all glued to our smartphones and small tablets nowadays, it makes total sense to use Kajabi to make your website automatically adjust to a mobile-friendly layout. You can go an extra mile by choosing the elements of your website you want members to see. With all the tools you need to create your website how you would like it to appear, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, however Kajabi allows you to make sections of your website dedicated to your blog where you can post updates and thoughts about your course’s content. If you’re looking to make the most out of your Kajabi-made site, the service provides you the opportunity to post your blog posts without limitations. It is possible to begin with the blog post by making one with Text Editor. It is possible to include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, or even change the way you would like your blog’s entire section to look.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging tools might not be on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot, but it has enough tools to allow it to be managed. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you can promote on your website. You can upload audio recordings of your podcast to be hosted on your website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. If you upload an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release it as a podcast that is public for free , or create an exclusive private podcast which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Through The Years
Marketing and Sales
A big part of what makes Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is its slew of marketing and sales tools that are supremely user-friendly and easy for even those who aren’t marketing experts to use!
Email Marketing and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows you to send e-mails about your course and website to your subscribed member students within the comforts of the platform. You might be surprised that it can do more than simply send emails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student logs in successfully to one of your courses after checkout, a welcome e-mail will be automatically sent into their email inbox. If another course is not performing the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest an improvement Kajabi Through The Years
You are able to create as many e-mails to your campaign as you like and schedule each one in accordance to your preference. You can also choose the members you want the messages. The management of e-mails has never been so comprehensive yet easy to handle. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms to make things work.
Aside from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing option that lets you assign certain members of your group as affiliates in order to promote your content on your behalf. Alongside paying them the commission rate it is also possible to track their performance to gauge how they can contribute to increasing your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Through The Years
Another of Kajabi’s top features is its Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels that do not have any overly complicated difficulties. While other platforms offer similar features that require more time and effort and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts are able to make the most of it. This stunning feature allows you to choose from a collection of pre-made funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies – to be used whenever you’d like to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use any time you wish to convince your intended public to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – for when you’re launching courses or any other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for whenever you want to promote your content with a free downloadable digital book
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for whenever you’re promoting your courses through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the ground
When you choose from one of the blueprints for a pipeline Kajabi instantly creates pages and e-mails you will require to create an effective sales funnel. You can customize how you wish your funnel to look to your customers. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for example changing the design to a different theme The library is filled with 40+ page templates that you can select from.
Optional Payment Options and Price
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select between them when they pay for your course. Stripe is the most popular payment option that allows credit and debit card transactions as well as select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other hand, is available as an option for subscriptions and multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent transaction fees on Kajabi’s part, as all your earnings are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
For price options for Kajabi, it offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can choose to charge your students for your services at different time frames (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or hand them out for free. You can also choose to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specified price for a specific product or a number of products, and set specific dates that your students can access your products within a certain time frame. You can also create coupons to encourage your customers to purchase the products you offer. Kajabi Through The Years
Integrations to Third-Party Services
Kajabi has a variety of built-in features to help you develop and promote your courses however, you also have the option to connect to other third-party applications for an additional boost of functions. Kajabi currently has the integration of ten natively-built integrations, such as the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections to hundreds of third-party applications and tools, ranging including e-commerce and user experience.
Training and Customer Support Resources
In terms of customer service, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over the rest as it’s one of the only course creation platforms with live chat available 24/7 assistance. Contrary to similar services, Kajabi’s customer support team is always ready to assist you when you encounter difficulties creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. It’s crucial to note that this 24/7 service is only available to instructors that are on the Growth plan upwards – for Basic users, live Chat support can be scheduled at certain times and times of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been praised by many who use it to develop relevant educational content. Kajabi Through The Years
In terms of tools to train, Kajabi provides you a variety of ways to resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses, and informative content especially targeted at educators and edupreneurs, to help them get started or increase their standing in the course creation world. You’re also invited to weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring leading experts from different disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of more information and tips the help desk is available to help you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators are rewarded with many sweet perks when they achieve their targets.
What else is missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to take care of a few essential things that are missing. The majority of these would have been very useful to improve the experience. These are some of the things we’d like to see included in the Kajabi system shortly:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and other credentials. While some provide this service instructors using Kajabi will often require a connection to third-party software that specialize in issuing certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish for the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types that is addressed as soon as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing there are only two options for transactions: Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we don’t understand why there are limits too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, such as letting your subscribed students login using a single sign-in option in other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi could have the majority of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan, and the lack in terms of functionality, the site could make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives with collective similarities with Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability We’ve provided a list of worthy competitors that you may want to consider when making your choice. Kajabi Through The Years
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in one services similar to Kajabi. The only major difference is the price – starting at only $67/month, you can create unlimited courses and sell your course to the right audience without ever having to worry about spending a dime!
- Podia does not just claim to be a creator-friendly platform. It’s also extremely easy to use, much easier than even Kajabi! While you get to benefit from marketing features, it’s much lighter than the other. But considering the very budget-friendly price we can understand the way Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and advanced quiz features, Thinkific makes up for the shortcomings. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than the other has which includes live-taught courses as well as an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is similar to Thinkific in terms of how it works. However, it is important to understand how the former can incorporate additional payment options since it supports Google Pay and Apple Pay two gateways that Kajabi doesn’t have. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the options that most entrepreneurs make use of. It certainly has the essentials anyone must need including the intuitive features needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive integrated marketing suite, which includes the inclusion of easy-to-understand diagrams of sales funnels as well as efficient email marketing tools.
There could be some tools that are missing like the issuance of certificates, in particular. Also, with its high cost, it might not be the wise choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is great as an all-in one solution for course creation however, it’ll always have limitations. That doesn’t stop it, but it is a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that offers everything you require on one platform, Kajabi is something you must seriously consider.
FAQ Kajabi Through The Years
What is the meaning of Kajabi mean?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from the word “Kajabi,” which is of Islamic as well as Arabic origin that means “to fly.”
Do I have the ability to sell physical items on Kajabi?
Yes! In addition to the normal courses, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can even connect with Shopify to create a fully-functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail is it possible Kajabi could replace MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has E-mail marketing tools integrated within the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party programs like MailChimp. However, if you wish to utilize the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate it with other apps as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has an app that can be downloaded on mobile to ensure that you and your subscribers have access to all courses even while on the go. Kajabi Through The Years