A myriad of learning management systems (LMS) platforms come with many important features you can utilize when you write content that is meaningful. Although there are plenty of websites that allow you to make use of modern marketing tools to advertise classes to your target audience, some may not have most of those things. Although some sites provide simple-to-use tools for creating courses, there will be a few that provide editing options that is so complicated it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms, there are a few that provide more than an easy editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. Additionally they also offer almost all you can think of such as 24/7 assistance and training tools to top-of-the-line analytics. All-in-one course platforms let you discover the world beyond your boundaries One of them that offer it effortlessly is Kajabi.
In a nutshell: What is Kajabi? Kajabi Udemy
Kajabi is an online platform that lets you make and sell your courses to an student audience. The company is advertised as an all-in-one solution and platform for edupreneurs, Kajabi offers edupren all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not only create a professional website for your courses but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been praised by the media and regarded as one of the best online learning platforms, with an overwhelming positive rating with a score of 4.6 out of five on Trustpilot.
What is it that makes Kajabi so well-liked and appreciated by its users? Well, there are quite numerous factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. First, it’s the ease of use. From course creation to marketing the majority of Kajabi’s features are designed to be easily digestible even for those who are just getting started in the e-course world. Most of them are also advanced, giving instructors an advantage over other instructors. Additionally, it lets budding entrepreneurs such as you manage and build courses without the need to look elsewhere in case something isn’t available. Kajabi provides all the equipment that one could need, living up the ‘one-stop-shop name.
What does it let you do? Do?
There are many kinds of methods that Kajabi can create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet points of the key attributes that you ought to be aware of if you’re considering the option. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create engaging and interactive courses with a wide array of customizable tools including media files, templates that you can choose depending on your preferences;
- Create a visually appealing website to house your course contents and products, as well as your own blog to keep your students informed about what else is new;
- Make the most of the landing page, checkout pages and other viable ways to improve your profits, further your reach beyond the limits, and generate higher conversion rates.
- Select the method you want to charge your courses and other services to your students – whether it’s one-time payments or a monthly subscription
- Build effective sales funnels without any problems through the use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Use its own marketing and analytics suite that includes email marketing and CRM as well as automation tools.
- Set up and manage your affiliate links.
- Explore a wide variety of community and training materials and features, including the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted and used by more than 16,000 organizations and big-name personalities. It’s the choice of several well-known personalities who are part of different sectors, including online marketing expert Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard, fitness expert entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is home to thousands upon thousands of courses, accessed and explored by over 35 million students all over the world. As of this writing, Kajabi is generating more than $650million in sales since its establishment in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing plans that Kajabi provides are very different than other online course creation services in that they’re more expensive. With monthly rates that start at as low as $119 it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who like to give Kajabi a go. With the abundance of essential features already packed into every plan, the price is reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans begin by offering the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. In this plan, you are able to design three products, gain an maximum of 1000 active users, as well as design a website that you can modify using the tools provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited pages for landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails as well as unlimited access to valuable resources, including one-on one customer service and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there is the Growth plan, which happens to be the platform’s most popular offer with a monthly cost of $199 or $159/month if you pay annually. There is also the Pro plan at $399 monthly or $319/month yearly that is loaded with all the features you could ask for when you are designing and selling your course. Kajabi does not currently offer an option to pay for the plan. But a 14-day free trial is available for all three plans. A longer trial of as long as 30 days also available on certain blogs. If you want to test the waters to determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, the short free trial is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The built-in marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including automated e-mail marketing, and automation are designed to be designed for businesses, so it isn’t necessary to integrate with any other third-party service for that!
- The sales funnel software. Another one of the most popular features on the platform, the sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of well-tested and accessible blueprint templates. No need to get too complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From the creation of professional-looking courses up to the customized name, Kajabi lets you customize according to your own preferences – and even create your own brand from scratch.
- The simple and intuitive site as well as course editor. The creation of content using the site and course builder software has never been this simple and fast, since it requires less effort and time to finish the job.
- Infinite integrations are endless. Apart from native integrations that integrate with 10 e-commerce, marketing and analytics services, connection to the app Zapier allows users to investigate and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms that can improve your effectiveness.
- Establishing meaningful relationships with your students and instructors. Kajabi’s community feature lets you engage with the students in your classes. It also lets you make connections, network and celebrate with tons of teachers in the same shoes as you.
The Cons – What We Do Not Like
- The pricey pricing plans. The three plans offered by Kajabi are higher than the typical monthly prices provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There are no built-in tools for issuance of certificates. You may need to connect to a third-party certificate app if you plan to make custom-designed certificates that are of different types.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We aren’t happy with the absence of specific features, like appropriate discussion forums as well as the ability to randomly assign the assignments or quizzes. Kajabi Udemy
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
User-Friendliness and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the platform’s user interface (UI) is well-organized. If you may notice on the screen menu, you’ll see that the functions are organized into five main sections: Website, Products, Sales, Marketing and People. The design of the menu is clear and free of confusion, as certain elements that are associated with specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI style is very uniform and reflects Kajabi’s “all-in-one” hallmark. You can build your own landing page, alter your course, and engage with other instructors on the same site.
It has a search assistant tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top of the dashboard in the form of a search bar and allows you to search for specific tools and products within the site by entering the keywords. Like we said that both the Kajabi courses and site builder sections can be dragged and dropped and make the process much easier without having to know how to navigate the site. Kajabi is a more streamlined learning curve compared to several of its peers. It can also be used in other languages that English if you wish to share your content with broader viewers.
Course Development and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products or the way it calls it, blueprints. Each blueprint for a product varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to suit the needs of instructors.
In the blueprints that are listed are Mini Courses and Online Courses as well as Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses which are generally designed as a way to build the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version types with a complete content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on other hand, are courses which are planned over the course of a specified number of days or weeks. Also called Evergreen Training courses, it’s an easier method to distribute your content when you and your students are busy with other activities.
Kajabi might be regarded by many as a popular premium course maker. But, aside from the course types, the product blueprints allow you to create a membership space that allows your customers to access exclusive content as well as a coaching session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template that allows you to create a course or product from scratch!
Categories, Posts, and Content Uploads
As you further look into the course builder, you’ll see the outline of the sections and lessons which have been automatically included when you select any of the course blueprints. In Kajabi’s case, those segments and classes are called post categories as well as category, or. Posts are where you can insert different types of content, such as text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders in which the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts within the same category, if you wish to structure your content flexibly. You can also alter the outline by dragging it around. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files to include in your posts, such as MP4 and MOV files, MP3 and WAV files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload any of them either via your computer’s folders, or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can even duplicate and paste URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
Like several other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to utilize the bulk upload feature. Like the name implies it allows you to upload all your files to your courses on one page. This is a great option especially when you’re doing other important stuff.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi offers a lineup of 10+ themes for courses. Contrary to other LMS platforms that only allow you to be offered the choice of the theme you want to use, Kajabi lets you have the option of choosing different themes for different products. Like the outline maker, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo, images, and font designs into your course player to cultivate a personal touch. Kajabi Udemy
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to design and create assignments and quizzes and include them as part of your course. Assessments can be a great way to assess whether your students have learned something from the course you’ve taught them. Through the assessment feature, you can choose from three different question types: multiple-choice, multi-selection, or paragraph-style. You can also set a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your content more.
Aside from that in addition, in addition, the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for students and teachers to connect. With the Community feature, your learners are given access to interact and comment on any of your courses via their dashboards. It is possible to write your blog posts for discussion with your fellow students about your previous lessons as well as your future content. The community feature is available either as a standalone product or as component of your member space.
Website Design and Customizability
Why would you want to publish your course content with your domain name as well as WordPress website when Kajabi offers the platform and the tools to make one within the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting across all 3 pricing options. What’s great about this is you’re guaranteed immediate safety and security with an automated SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You also have the option to personalize your domain and also pick from a variety of unique, professional themes, all of which you can customize to your heart’s content! The possibilities don’t end there: If you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to use custom-designed themes that are built to meet your ever-growing needs as well as remove the Kajabi logos and substitute it with your own!
Just like the course builders we’ve talked about earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes on the website using a variety of easy-to-use and user-friendly editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re basically like those categories as well as posts we discussed when we’ve discussed our course building tool. Blocks are the elements that compose the content of the website which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections on the other hand are formed by a variety of neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 pre-designed sections templates that you can choose from the dashboard of the page builder. Since we’re all connected to our smartphones and tablets nowadays, it makes total sense for Kajabi to let your site automatically adapt to a mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your members to view. With all the necessary tools to create your website how you would like it to look, Kajabi’s page builder is not only super flexible but also easy to manage.
Blogging and Other Web-based Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this, but Kajabi allows you to make a section of your website specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates about your course’s content. If you want to make the most of your Kajabi-made site it provides a space where you can do so without limits. You can get started with the blog post by creating one with Text Editor. You can include SEO elements if you want to have a wider reach, group your posts into various categories, and even alter the way you would like your blog’s entire section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as up to par as WordPress or Blogspot however, it does have enough tools to be manageable. Additionally, you can also create podcasts that you could promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcasts to be hosted on the website and distributed to the major podcasting platforms, such as Apple Podcasts and Spotify. When uploading a podcast episode, you have two options: release it as a podcast that is public for free or make an exclusive private version that only your users are able to access. Kajabi Udemy
Marketing and Sales and Marketing
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so well-liked among entrepreneurs is its array of sales and marketing tools that are supremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A huge draw among the crowd, Kajabi’s built-in E-mail marketing functions allow users to send out e-mails that are related to your course or website to your subscribers students from the comfort of the platform. You might be surprised that it does more than simply send emails. With the help from Kajabi Automations, you get to create automated sequences of emails that are triggered by different kinds of user actions. For example, when your student is successfully logged in to one of your courses after the checkout process, a welcome email will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If the course performs poorly the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Udemy
You are able to create as many emails to the campaign you want and then schedule them in accordance with your preferences. You can choose which of your members gets to receive these messages. The management of e-mails has never been this complete and easy to manage. Unlike other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with marketing tools for e-mails. You will not require the integration with third-party platforms in order to make it work.
In addition, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function where you get to assign certain members of your group as affiliates to help in promoting your site on behalf of your company. Apart from paying them a commission it is also possible to track their performance to see how they can contribute to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Udemy
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you can create custom marketing funnels with no overcomplicating issues. While other platforms offer similar features that require much more time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be quick and simple that even those who aren’t experts can make better use of it. This amazing feature lets you select from a variety of pre-designed funnel templates or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebies are great for when you want to offer an offer as a lead magnet to grow your database.
- Sales Page OVO – to use whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product through a sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use any time you’re launching a course or another product
- Zoom Webinar OVO – to use whenever you want to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO – for any time you wish to showcase your content the free digital book that you can download
- Coaching Campaign OVO is for any time you’re promoting your courses through the use of coaching sessions
- Blank design – for when you want to build an effective sales funnel right from the starting
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi will automatically generate a set of pages and e-mails you will have to put together to make an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you wish your funnel to appear to your audience. You may even change the design of your checkout and landing pages, for instance you can change the theme to something different The library is with more than 40 pages templates you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi allows you to integrate seamlessly with the payment gateway platforms Stripe and PayPal so that your member students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment method that accepts debit and credit card transactions and certain e-wallet providers across the world. PayPal however, on the contrary hand, is available as an alternative for subscribers as well as multi-payment plans. There aren’t any urgent charges for transactions on Kajabi’s side since all the money you earn are instantly transferred into your account at the banks.
When it comes to price options for Kajabi, it gives customers a variety of pricing options to choose from. You can choose to make your student pay for services at different times (one-time, subscription, and multi-payments) or distribute them to them for free. You also have the option to choose whether you’re planning to charge a specific amount for a specific product or multiple products, and establish specific dates for your students can access your products within a certain period of time. You also get to generate coupons to encourage your target audience to buy all of your products. Kajabi Udemy
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in features to help you create and market your courses, but you also have the option to connect to third-party applications to provide more functions. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the popular analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier can be extremely helpful as it helps establish connections with hundreds of other third-party apps and tools including e-commerce and user experience.
Customer Support and Training Resources
When it comes to customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it’s among the few course creation platforms which provide 24/7 live chat support. Contrary to similar services that offer customer support, Kajabi’s team is available to assist you if you’re struggling to create a course or page among other crucial issues, anytime and anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24/7 feature is available for instructors who subscribe to the Growth plan up to for basic users live chat support is scheduled for specific times and on certain days of the week. Nonetheless, Kajabi’s approach to customer service has been well-received by many of the instructors who use it to design relevant course content. Kajabi Udemy
As for tools for training, Kajabi gives the user a range of access to resources that you can master and then become proficient with. Kajabi Hero University Kajabi Hero University is packed with tutorials, courses and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to jumpstart or improve their position in the field of course development. Additionally, you can attend daily Q+A educational webinars with top experts from various disciplines as guest speakers, and If you’re in search of other tips and tricks assistance, the help section will be there to help you along the way. In addition to the platform’s Hero University, there is also a Kajabi Hero Rewards program in which course creators can earn tons of sweet perks as they meet their targets.
What is the other thing that is missing from Kajabi?
Kajabi may be a great all-in-one solution to create and market your course content However, we need to address a few vital things that are missing. Most of them would have been very useful in improving the experience. Below are the items we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools that issue certificates and other credentials. Although some of them offer this option instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps that are specialized in the issue of certificates, like Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we appreciate the way that the platform handles assessments within courses, we wish that the absence of options for question types – plus randomization of said types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. As of this writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. Not only that, but we aren’t sure if there are limitations too.
- An API key that is public. This could have been helpful for creating custom integrations such as letting your subscribed students sign in using the single sign-in option in other apps.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features any aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But due to its high price plan, and the lack of features, it might make some people turn away. If you’re looking for alternatives that share collective similarities to Kajabi in terms of performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors that you may want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Udemy
- New Zenler is an online course platform that provides all-in-one services that are similar to Kajabi. The only significant difference is the price beginning at just $67 per month You are able to create unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about breaking the bank!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! While you get to utilize marketing tools, it’s much lighter than Kajabi. But considering the very budget-friendly price it’s easy to understand the ways Podia can appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi lacks credentials and sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for these features. With a price that is affordable for beginners, it sure does offer more industry-level functions than Kajabi which includes live lessons and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is like Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate the way that Teachable can integrate additional payment options since it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay which are two gateways Kajabi doesn’t have. It also lets you utilize one-on-one coaching as well as other essential features.
In the end, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park in terms of having nearly all the tools that most entrepreneurs use. It certainly has the basic features that everyone needs including the intuitive features needed to design a professional website to the stellar integrated marketing suite that includes the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There may be a few tools missing for example, the issuance of certificates in particular. Also, with its high price tag, it may not be the wise option for those with a tight budget. We do recognize that while Kajabi is well in being an all-in-one solution for course creation but it’s not without limitations. That doesn’t stop it, however, from becoming a popular choice among established entrepreneurs and creators!
If you’re still searching to find an LMS that can provide everything you require in one place, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Udemy
What does the word Kajabi refer to?
The term “Kajabi” is derived from a word with Islamic (or Arabic origin, which translates to “to take flight.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products through Kajabi. You can even integrate with Shopify to set up a fully functioning e-commerce shop on Kajabi!
In terms of e-mail marketing, is it possible that Kajabi could take over MailChimp?
Since Kajabi already has the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it’s natural that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications like MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of the platform, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi also has a mobile app for you and your subscribers can access your entire course content even when you’re in the move. Kajabi Udemy