Many learning management system (LMS) platforms have a variety of essential features that can be utilized when creating content of high quality. Although there are plenty of sites that let you utilize advanced marketing tools to advertise your courses to your intended viewers, other platforms might not provide all the features. And while some offer easy-to-use course-building tools, there will also be some that have an editing experience so complicated that it turns its users off.
Among a sea of e-course platforms There are a handful that provide more than a simple editing interface, but also an array of sales and marketing functions. And on top of that they provide you with nearly everything you’d ever want, from 24/7 help and training materials to top-quality analytics. All-in-one platforms for courses allow you to explore beyond your limits, and one of those that provide it is Kajabi.
In a nutshell How do you define Kajabi? Kajabi Upon You
Kajabi is an internet-based platform which lets you develop and market your course content to your audience of students. Branded as an all-in-one service, Kajabi provides edupreneurs from all aspects of their lives with the most efficient and vital features to not just create a professional website for your courses , but also allow them to grow to higher levels. Kajabi has been critically acclaimed and considered to be one of the best online courses platforms, earning an overwhelming score from 4.6 out of 5 on Trustpilot.
What makes Kajabi so popular and well-received among its users? There are plenty of factors that make this platform extremely convenient for all to utilize. It’s first and foremost the user-friendliness. From course creation all the way to marketing and sales, nearly all of Kajabi’s features have been designed so that they are easily digestible for people who are just getting started in the e-course world. The majority of them are advanced, giving administrating instructors an advantage over the rest. Lastly it allows budding entrepreneurs like you to run and create courses without having to go elsewhere in case something is not available. Kajabi offers all the equipment that one could need, living up its ‘one stop shop’ moniker.
What Can It Do? Do?
There are a variety of options that Kajabi allows you to create an all-in-one e-learning solution. We’ve compiled a list, in bullet form of the most important attributes that you ought to watch out for when you’re thinking about it. Simply put, Kajabi lets you:
- Create interactive and engaging classes using a range of tools for customizing such as media files, templates that you can choose in accordance with your personal preferences.
- Create a visually appealing website to display your course materials and other products along with blogs to keep your students informed about what’s new.
- Effectively utilize the landing page, checkout pages and other ways to improve your profits, further your reach to the limit and increase conversion rates.
- Decide how you would like to invoice your courses or other items to your students – whether it’s a one-time payment or a monthly subscription
- Design and build effective sales funnels without any issues by making use of funnel blueprints and templates;
- Utilize its in-house marketing and analytics suite that includes the ability to send out e-mails as well as CRM and automation tools.
- Manage and create your affiliate links, and
- Explore a variety of customer service, community and training tools, with the addition of the Kajabi University feature.
Big Names That Have Used Kajabi
Kajabi is trusted by over 16,000 businesses and celebrities. It’s the go-to choice for several well-known personalities who come from different sectors, including the expert in online marketing Amy Porterfield, best-selling book author Mel Abraham, personal development coach Brendon Burchard and fitness expert and entrepreneur Jenine Dilts Bayman, and actor-coach Ross Grant.
Kajabi is the home of thousands upon thousands of courses, which are accessed and explored by more than 35 million students from across the globe. At the time of time of writing Kajabi has generated over $650 million in sales since it was founded in 2010.
Kajabi’s Pricing Plans
The three pricing options that Kajabi offers are quite different from other online course-making services in that they’re much more expensive. With monthly rates that start at just $119, it’s no wonder why this can impede some people who might want to give the service a shot. But considering the huge amount of features that are included within each plan, pricing is logically reasonable.
Kajabi’s pricing plans start with the Basic plan priced at $149 per month or $119/month when billed annually. This plan lets you can create three products, reach a maximum of 1,000 active customers, and design websites that you are able to customize with tools fully provided by the platform. Also included are unlimited landing webpages, unlimitted marketing emails and access to unlimited helpful resources, including one-on-one customer support and Kajabi University.
Apart from The Basic Plan, there’s the Growth plan that happens to be the platform’s most popular offer at $199 a month or $159/mo if paid annually. There is also the Pro plan for $399 per month or $319/month annually, which is filled to the brim with all the features you’d like when designing and selling your course. Kajabi is currently not offering any free plans. But a 14-day trial is available. trial is available on each of the three plans. A trial extension that runs as long as 30 days offered on select blogs, so if you want to try the service and determine if Kajabi is the best choice for you, then the brief trial offer is the best way to go.
Kajabi: The Good and the Bad
The Pros – What We Love About Kajabi
- The integrated marketing suite. Kajabi’s in-house marketing suite of tools, including e-mail marketing and automation, are designed to be optimized for business, and you won’t need to integrate with third-party solutions to do this!
- The software for sales funnels. Another of the platforms most-loved selling points, the Sales Pipeline Builder lets you make use of proven and easily understood blueprint templates – no need to be overly complicated!
- Unlimited customization. From creating professional-looking course websites down to the custom name, Kajabi lets you customize to your heart’s content – and even create your own brand from the ground up.
- The user-friendly and simple site as well as course editor. Making content with the site and course creator software was never this simple and fast, since it takes less time and effort to complete the task.
- Unlimited integrations are endless. Aside from native integrations to ten e-commerce, marketing, and analytics tools, connecting to Zapier’s app lets you to look and select from more than a thousand non-native platforms for better effectiveness.
- Making lasting connections with students and fellow instructors. Kajabi’s Community feature lets you interact with students who are enrolled in your classes. You can also network, connect, and share your joy with hundreds of teachers similar to you.
The Cons – What We Don’t Like
- The steep pricing plans. Three pricing options offered by Kajabi cost higher than the average monthly rate provided by other companies. There’s no free plan available neither.
- There is no built-in tool to issue certificates. You may need to connect to a third party certificate software if you want to make custom-designed certificates of different kinds.
- Not enough tools for student-instructor engagement. We’re not happy about the absence of specific tools, such as proper discussion forums and the ability to randomize tests or assignments. Kajabi Upon You
An Overview of the Kajabi Features
Ease of Use and Experience
One thing that we like one thing we like about Kajabi is the surprisingly easy user experience. First, the majority of the User Interface (UI) is structured. If you look at the dashboard menu, you may notice that all features are arranged into five main sections: Website Products, Sales Marketing, and People. The menu’s design is clear and free of clutter, as some features that are related to specific sections are able to be collapsed. The UI design is very consistent, reflecting Kajabi’s ‘all-in-one’ brand name. You get to create an online landing page, change your course, and even communicate with your instructors on one site.
The search assistant is a tool that is useful anytime you’re looking for something that is difficult to find. The Kajabi Assistant is found at the top part of the dashboard, in the form that of a bar for searching, it allows you to search for items and tools on the website by typing in the words. Like we said, both Kajabi’s website builder and course builder sections are drag-and-drop and make the process much easier without needing to learn how to navigate it. Kajabi has a smoother learning curve compared to some of its competitors. It also supports multiple languages other than English in case you want to present your content to wider viewers.
Course Design and Engagement
When you go through Kajabi’s course creation feature, you’ll quickly come across a variety of templates for courses or products, or, as the platform refers to them, blueprints. Each of the product blueprints varies in structure and type and is readily tailored to fit any instructor’s needs.
Included among the listed blueprints are Mini Courses, Online Courses, and Drip Courses. Mini Courses are short-form , quick courses, which are typically designed as a means of gaining the brand’s value, whereas Online Courses are full-version versions with a full content structure designed for the “world-class” education experience. Drip courses, on the other hand, are courses which are planned over a set series of weeks or days. Also known as Evergreen Training courses, it’s an efficient method of sharing your content if you and your students are busy with other things.
Kajabi may be known by many as a well-known premium course-maker. But, aside from the kinds of courses offered, the blueprints allow you to create a membership area for your members to enjoy exclusive content and a coach session for 12 weeks. You can also download a blank template where you can create a course or product completely from scratch!
Categories Posts, Categories, as well as Content Uploads
If you continue to look into the course builder, you’ll notice an outline of sections and lessons that were automatically included when you select one of the blueprints for your course. In Kajabi’s case, those parts and the lessons referred to as post categories as well as category, and vice versa. The posts are where you can insert different kinds of content, including text, video images, and text, while the categories function as folders where the posts are stored.
You may also incorporate subcategories of posts under the same category, if you wish to arrange your content in a flexible way. You can also drag and rearrange the outline. Kajabi accepts a wide variety of media and text files that can be used to add to your posts. These include MP4 and MOV files, WAV and MP3 files, PDFs as well as Word documents. Upload all of them directly from your computer folders or via cloud-based file sharing platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox. You can copy and paste existing URLs for your videos into your blog posts!
As with a handful of other platforms for creating courses, Kajabi allows you to make use of the bulk upload feature. Similar to the name that you can upload all your files to your course in one tab. This is a great option especially when you’re performing other tasks.
Course Player Templates
Kajabi provides a selection of 10+ course player themes. Contrary to other LMS platforms where you’re only allowed to select only one of three theme options, Kajabi lets you have the freedom to choose different themes for different products. Like the outline creator, it’s easy to customize any of the themes to fit your style. It is possible to incorporate specifics of your brand, such as the logo images, fonts, and designs , into the course player to add a a personal touch. Kajabi Upon You
Questions and student interactions
Kajabi offers a quiz feature called Assessments where you get to create quizzes and assignments and then add them to the course of your curriculum. Assessments are an effective way to determine if your students learned something from the course you’ve taught them. With the assessments option, you are able to select from three main question types: multiple-choice, multiple-selection, and paragraph-style. You can even create a passing score to motivate your students to engage with your material more.
Aside from that aside from that, the LMS website has made progress in creating areas for teachers and students to interact. Through the Community feature your students are able to participate and leave comments on any of your courses via their dashboards. You can also write your blog posts for discussion with other students your lessons from the past and your upcoming content. The community feature can be accessed either as a standalone product or as part of your membership.
Website Design and Customization
Why share your course contents on your website’s domain as well as WordPress site when Kajabi has the platform and tools to build one on the platform? Kajabi provides unlimited web hosting on all three plans of pricing. What’s awesome about it is you’re guaranteed immediate security and safety with the automatic SSL certification and an experienced team of experts to maintain your website.
You’re also given the liberty to personalize your domain as well as pick from a range of unique, professional themes, all of which you can personalize to your liking! It doesn’t stop there: if you’re an expert edupreneur and have signed up to the Growth plan or higher, you get to import custom-made themes built to meet the ever-changing needs of your business and also remove any Kajabi brand names and then replace it with your custom-designed theme!
Just like the course builder we’ve mentioned earlier, Kajabi’s page builder lets you modify any of the given themes for websites using a set of user-friendly and intuitive editing tools. After further exploration you’ll be presented with sets of blocks that can be customized and sections. They’re essentially like post categories, and categories we discussed when we’ve talked about how to build courses. Blocks are the components that comprise the site’s content which includes text, media files, and clickable buttons. Sections, on the other hand are made up of multiple neatly-arranged blocks.
There are over 40 preset section templates you can choose from the page builder’s dashboard. We’re all hooked to our smartphones and small tablets these days it is logical for Kajabi to let your site automatically adjust to mobile-friendly layout. It’s even possible to go the extra mile and select which site element you wish for your member learners to see. With all the necessary tools to build your site as you wish it to look Kajabi’s page builders are not just incredibly flexible, but also quick to handle.
Blogging and Other Website Features
Other LMS platforms might not offer this feature, but Kajabi lets you create an area on your site specifically for your blog. There, you can publish comments and updates on your course content. If you’re looking to get the most out the Kajabi-made website, the service provides you the opportunity to publish your content without restriction. Start by creating posting blog content by making your own using Text Editor. It is possible to incorporate SEO elements if you wish to expand your reach, group your posts into different categories, or even change the way you want your entire blog section to appear.
Kajabi’s built-in blogging features may not be as on the same level as WordPress or Blogspot However, it comes with enough tools to be manageable. In addition, you can create podcasts to promote on your website. You can upload the recordings of your podcast to be hosted on the site and distributed to the major podcasting platforms like iTunes Podcasts as well as Spotify. When uploading an episode of your podcast there are two options: either release it as a public podcast for free or make an exclusive private one which only your subscribers have access to. Kajabi Upon You
Marketing and Sales
One of the reasons that make Kajabi so popular with edupreneurs is the variety of sales and marketing tools that are extremely easy and straightforward even for those who aren’t marketing experts to make use of!
E-mail and Affiliate Marketing
A big draw among the masses, Kajabi’s built-in e-mail marketing function allows users to send out e-mails about your course and website to your subscribers students within the comforts of the platform. But you may be surprised that it can do more than sending e-mails. With the aid of Kajabi Automations, you get to build automated sequences of e-mails that are triggered by various user actions. For instance, if your student successfully logs into one of your courses following checkout, a welcome e-mail will be sent automatically directly to the student’s inbox. If another underperforms the course, an upsell will be sent to suggest improvement Kajabi Upon You
You can send as many e-mails to the campaign you like and then schedule them in accordance to your preference. You can also choose which of your members gets to receive those messages. E-mail management has never been so complete and easy to manage. Contrary to other LMS sites, Kajabi already provides you with e-mail marketing tools that don’t require connecting to other third-party platforms in order to make it work.
Apart from that, Kajabi also has an affiliate marketing function that lets you assign some of your members as affiliates in order to promote your content on behalf of you. Alongside paying them a commission, you may also track their performance to see the extent to which they are contributing to boosting your conversion and click rates. Kajabi Upon You
Another one of Kajabi’s overall standouts can be the Pipeline Builder, where you get to create specialized marketing funnels without a lot of issues. While other platforms have similar features that require much more effort and time and effort, the Pipeline Builder is designed to be so quick and easy that even beginners can benefit from it. This amazing feature allows you to choose from a variety of pre-designed funnel designs or pipeline blueprints. These include the following:
- Freebie – for whenever you’d like to provide an offer as a lead magnet to grow your email list
- Sales Page OVO is a great option whenever you want to convince your target audience to buy your product through an online sales page
- Product Launch OVO – to use whenever you’re launching a course or other product
- Zoom Webinar OVO is a great option for any time you wish to promote your business through web-based seminars
- Free Book OVO is a great resource for whenever you want to showcase your content an online book for free download.
- Coaching Campaign OVO – for any time you’re promoting your classes through a series of coaching sessions
- Blank plan – to use whenever you’re looking to create an effective sales funnel right from ground
Once you select from any of the pipeline blueprints Kajabi instantly creates a set of pages and emails you’ll need to pull off an effective sales funnel. You may customize however you want your pipeline to appear to your audience. You may even change the look of your checkout and landing pages, for instance, to a different one – there is a library full of 40+ templates for landing pages that you can pick from.
Prices and Payment Methods
Kajabi lets you integrate seamlessly with payment gateways like Stripe and PayPal to ensure that your students are able to select one of them to pay for your classes. Stripe is the most popular payment option that accepts credit and debit card transactions and select e-wallet providers all over the world. PayPal, on the other side, is an alternative for subscribers and multi-payment plans. There are no pressing transaction fees on Kajabi’s part because all your earnings will be immediately transferred into your account at the banks.
In terms of the pricing, Kajabi offers an array of options for you to choose from. You can either charge your students for your products at different dates (one-time, subscription, and multiple payments) or distribute them at no cost. You also have the option to select if you’re going to charge a set amount for one product or multiple items, and establish specific dates for your customers can access within a given timeframe. You can also create coupons to encourage your target audience to buy any of your offers. Kajabi Upon You
Integration with Third-Party Services
Kajabi is a host of built-in services needed to develop and promote your courses However, you have the option of connecting to other third-party applications for an added boost in functionality. The platform is currently able to support 10 native integrations, which include the well-known analytics provider Google Analytics and app automation service Zapier. Zapier is extremely useful because it allows connections with hundreds more tools and third-party apps that range from e-commerce to user experiences.
Customer Support and Training Resources
In terms of customer support, Kajabi has a bigger advantage over other platforms because it is one of the few course creation platforms that offer 24/7 live chat assistance. In contrast to other similar platforms, Kajabi’s customer support team is always available to assist you if you’re having difficulties in creating pages or courses, among other issues that are important, at any time and from anywhere. However, it’s important to note that this 24 hour feature is available for instructors who are subscribed to the Growth plan up to for basic users Live chat support is scheduled at certain times and times on weekdays. The approach of Kajabi’s customer service has been praised by many who use it to create meaningful educational content. Kajabi Upon You
As for training tools, Kajabi offers an array of options to access resources that you can learn and get used to. Its Kajabi Hero University is packed with courses, tutorials and educational content specifically designed for educators and edupreneurs who want to get started or increase their position in the course creation world. There are also weekly Q&A-style educational webinars featuring top experts from various areas as guests. Additionally If you’re in search of additional advice and tricks, the help center is always there to guide you in the right direction. Alongside Kajabi’s Hero University, there is an additional Kajabi Hero Rewards program, where course creators can earn numerous sweet rewards when they meet their objectives.
What Else is Missing in Kajabi?
Kajabi could be an excellent all-in-one solution to create and market your course content however, we must look at a few crucial aspects that are missing. A majority of them could have been extremely helpful in improving the experience. These are some of the things we would like to see included in Kajabi’s system soon:
- Built-in tools to issue certificates and certificates. While some offer this feature instructors who utilize Kajabi will often require connecting to third-party apps that specialize in issuing certificates, such as Accredible.
- More diversity in question types. While we may appreciate the platform’s handling of assessments within the course, we would like that the absence of options for question types and the randomization of those types and their randomization to be resolved as quickly as possible.
- Additional payment options. At the time of writing, only transactions via Stripe or PayPal can be accepted. In addition, we don’t understand why there are limits also.
- A public API key. This could have been helpful for custom integrations, like letting your subscribed students log in with the single sign-in option with other applications.
Alternatives to Kajabi
Kajabi may have essentially most of the features that an aspiring edupreneur could ever dream of. But with the steep price plan and a plethora in features it could cause some to be turned off. If you’re looking for alternatives that share similarity in comparison to Kajabi with regards to performance and reliability we’ve listed a few worthy competitors you might want to consider in making your choice. Kajabi Upon You
- New Zenler is an online course platform that offers all-in-one services similar to Kajabi. The only major distinction is in the cost – starting at only $67/month You can design unlimited courses and advertise to your audience of choice without ever having to worry about the cost!
- Podia doesn’t just claim to be user-friendly. It’s also very easy to use, far easier than even Kajabi! In addition, you can benefit from marketing features Podia is much less heavy than Kajabi. With the extremely affordable price range it’s easy to understand how Podia will appeal to DIY entrepreneurs getting into the business.
- While Kajabi does not have credentials or sophisticated quiz functions, Thinkific makes up for them. With its affordable price and a wide range of features, it certainly offers more industry-level functions than Kajabi, and this includes live lesson courses and an integrated app integration store.
- Teachable is identical to Thinkific in the way it operates. However, we must appreciate how the former can incorporate additional payment options as it accepts Google Pay and Apple Pay, two gateway services Kajabi is not able to offer. You can also avail one-on-one coaching and other core features.
Overall, Kajabi successfully knocks it out of the park by providing nearly all of the features that most edupreneurs can make use of. It sure does offer the basic features that everyone needs, from intuitive functions needed to create a professional-looking website , to the impressive built-in marketing suite with the ability to understand plans for sales funnels, as well as effective e-mail marketing tools.
There could be some instruments that aren’t there like the issue of certificates specifically. With a high price tag, it may not be the right choice for the budget-conscious. However, we understand that while Kajabi is very well as an all-in-one solution for creating courses but it’s not without limits. That doesn’t stop it, however, from being a popular choice among established business owners and creators!
If you’re still looking for an LMS that gives you all you need in one platform, Kajabi is something you should strongly consider.
FAQ Kajabi Upon You
What does the word Kajabi translate to?
The term “Kajabi” originates from a word of Islamic as well as Arabic origin which means “to fly.”
Can I sell physical products on Kajabi?
Yes! Aside from the usual classes, you can also sell physical products on Kajabi. You can also connect with Shopify to set up a fully functioning online store on the platform!
Regarding marketing via e-mail Is it possible that Kajabi could be able to replace MailChimp?
Because Kajabi already includes the tools for marketing via email built into the platform, it makes sense that it’s adequate to replace third-party applications such as MailChimp. If you do intend to make use of this feature, Kajabi still allows you to integrate with it and other applications as well.
Is Kajabi mobile-friendly?
Yes! Kajabi even has an app for mobile devices so that you and your subscribers can access all your courses even while traveling. Kajabi Upon You